Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again...
Nice to see you back, Merlin! Your commitment to higher ed has been stated publicly and there are NO retractions. Smile

You did have a nice excuse for a pause in your education, but from today forward, we are here to make sure you complete the degree! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Sounds like you're on the right track.

LOL I used to feel like somewhat of an expert on this site, but that has changed with all of the new sources of credit and now I'm asking for help (for kids) constantly, but it sounds like you've already adapted!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(02-04-2018, 04:54 AM)burbuja0512 Wrote: Nice to see you back, Merlin!    Your commitment to higher ed has been stated publicly and there are NO retractions.  Smile

You did have a nice excuse for a pause in your education, but from today forward, we are here to make sure you complete the degree!   YOU CAN DO IT!!!  Sounds like you're on the right track.

LOL I used to feel like somewhat of an expert on this site, but that has changed with all of the new sources of credit and now I'm asking for help (for kids) constantly, but it sounds like you've already adapted!

Thanks!

Hehe, well I am doing my best. I don't think I can call myself an expert given all the changes, but I enjoy the research. Sometimes overly so. Smile

Life always seems to find a way to kick me in the pants, so I'm hoping to at least get a good chunk of this degree squared away before something happens to pull me away again. I need to get as much done as I can while I'm between jobs, so when the next chapter opens, I'll be able to squeeze in the time necessary to finish things up. As long as I don't get roped into a 60-80 hour work week again.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-04-2018, 06:54 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 04:54 AM)burbuja0512 Wrote: Nice to see you back, Merlin!    Your commitment to higher ed has been stated publicly and there are NO retractions.  Smile

You did have a nice excuse for a pause in your education, but from today forward, we are here to make sure you complete the degree!   YOU CAN DO IT!!!  Sounds like you're on the right track.

Thanks!

Hehe, well I am doing my best. I don't think I can call myself an expert given all the changes, but I enjoy the research. Sometimes overly so. Smile

Life always seems to find a way to kick me in the pants, so I'm hoping to at least get a good chunk of this degree squared away before something happens to pull me away again. I need to get as much done as I can while I'm between jobs, so when the next chapter opens, I'll be able to squeeze in the time necessary to finish things up. As long as I don't get roped into a 60-80 hour work week again.

Make this your mantra:  Once you have a degree NOTHING/NOBODY can take it away.  You have it forever and then you can feel free to get kicked in the pants as much as you want!   Big Grin 

And remember, things always get in the way... make your schedule and stick to it 90% of the time.   Allow yourself a tiny margin of error, but not too much.

He he he sorry had to give some unsolicited advice since I am no longer a forum expert   Tongue
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(02-04-2018, 01:55 PM)burbuja0512 Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 06:54 AM)Merlin Wrote: Life always seems to find a way to kick me in the pants, so I'm hoping to at least get a good chunk of this degree squared away before something happens to pull me away again. I need to get as much done as I can while I'm between jobs, so when the next chapter opens, I'll be able to squeeze in the time necessary to finish things up. As long as I don't get roped into a 60-80 hour work week again.

Make this your mantra:  Once you have a degree NOTHING/NOBODY can take it away.  You have it forever and then you can feel free to get kicked in the pants as much as you want!   Big Grin 

And remember, things always get in the way... make your schedule and stick to it 90% of the time.   Allow yourself a tiny margin of error, but not too much.

He he he sorry had to give some unsolicited advice since I am no longer a forum expert   Tongue

That is true. This degree doesn't have to be pretty, just fast. Other than a handful of subjects, I'm primarily trying to confirm skills I already have. Once I have the first degree I'll be in a much better position to deal with whatever life throws at me while I set up an MBA/MSML, which is my real goal.

I always appreciate any advice that is offered, unsolicited or not. Smile

Thanks!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 196 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 386 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  A Look Back at College Closures and Mergers in 2023 LevelUP 0 285 12-22-2023, 11:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  9 Self Limiting Beliefs That Are Holding You Back from Success LevelUP 0 333 08-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University Buys land, wait 5 years, sell it back for 2.5x profit... bjcheung77 0 512 05-16-2022, 03:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College majors that pay you back (2021) sanantone 15 1,969 08-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Lightbulb Back to school after 23 years carebear_007 25 2,528 02-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ACTFL is back through 5/31/2023! dfrecore 8 1,628 01-22-2021, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  TEEX Cyber courses are back with more credits rvm 152 27,870 03-04-2020, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Back from my hiatus - what's the best plan? Publius 13 2,282 02-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Publius