Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from El Salvador
Was in El Salvador for a couple of days. Always nice to get a different perspective. What stood out to me instantly was SAN SALVADOR VOLCANO, a stratovolcano overlooking the city of San Salvador. Knocked off a few cold ones, Suprema beers which I thought were stronger than the rest. Kind of hard to even think about college or TESC or CLEP or DANTES as I'm walking around a different country and checking out the noises and different sounds and smells of different foods. It isn't as backwards as I thought it would be. It's actually a world player in finance. It's considered a GLOBAL city by wikipedia.
Sounds like a fun trip.

I would think San Salvador would be a "cheap" trip. Is that the case? Did you feel safe? Would you take the wife and kids?

I'm not planning a trip or anything...just curious.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Sounds like a fun trip.

I would think San Salvador would be a "cheap" trip. Is that the case? Did you feel safe? Would you take the wife and kids?

I'm not planning a trip or anything...just curious.

It helps to speak the linguo. It's cheap if you want to do something like DENTAL. You can get a root canal there done for total of 360 bucks including reconstruction and crown put on. (But you do need time to do this, takes about four visits totalling from start to finish around a month because they gotta order your crown just like here.)Fillings go for like 20 bucks each. You can count on dental going for ten percent of what you pay here in the states! You say QUALITY? I suppose that depends on which dentist you go to but I'm sure there are plenty experienced and well trained dentist. Food is cheap. If you are planning on buying televisions, clothing, certain foods in the supermarket may be more expensive because they come from the states, or imported elsewhere. Labor is cheap, fixing flat tires is cheap, mechanics, plumbers, all cheap just like anywhere else in central america, but buying a car is more expensive, utilities can be more expensive. You can get hotels, but depends where you stay, and how much you want to spend. I felt safe down there. Just like anywhere else, stay away from the rough sections of town, and use common sense. Didn't get around to checking out the rest of the country, was only there two days. Airport far from hotel, runs about 30 bucks to town. Very tropical, mountainous country. They have a nice beach they say, not far from San Salvador, you can stay at a resort called DECAMERON.
Funny you mention about feeling safe. I think El Salvador gets a bit of a bum rap. I have seen nothing but bad publicity on El Salvador here mostly about gangs and MS-13. To be honest. I've seen nothing but good well mannered people down there. I bet the negativism you see on televistion here about El Salvador is maybe about a very small insignificant view of the total population. I bet crime is higher in Houston.
Very interesting post...I lived in Mexico years ago.. back when it was a bit safer and I was younger. I still go there several times a year for business but it's not nearly as safe as it used to be. (I'm sure the beaches are fine, but I go to Mexico City and Guadalajara) I do still miss my dentist in Guadalajara and loved the quality and price. El Salvador sounds like it might be a good option.

Thanks for the post!!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  El Salvador to close Professional Formation Institute elcastor21 0 321 09-01-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 672 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Back pain exercises (PRO) - FREE bjcheung77 2 1,278 01-20-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Rexona
  Personality types and those who go back to school Ideas 25 3,621 06-18-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Life_One
  I'm back baby! ryoder 6 2,678 11-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Back in states 29palms 7 1,809 09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 29palms
  Finally back to testing! scorched 6 1,389 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Last Post: CLEPitgirl
  Just Back From Vacation LaceyLady 6 1,344 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Last Post: STG
  I'm back. jmichelle79 3 1,036 09-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Last Post: jmichelle79
  Back from Europe - Thanks for all the Helpful Advice! marianne202 4 1,208 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Last Post: cookderosa