Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backdoor bachelor's business degree?
@Kab, my only suggestion for helping you is... I agree, taking 16 credits is a better option to eliminate the residency waiver fee and by using those 16 credits, you can get a second degree by doing the following: I recommend the PLA, both capstones, and 3 exams instead of courses.

1 PLA100, 2 capstones, 3 e-packs (3 psychology course exams) This way, you can extend the capstones if you need the extra time and not worry about the rest. Epacks are just final exams, you'll have access to chapter quizzes to get you ready for the "all in one" final exam that determines the outcome.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do I have to take the 16 credits (attempted) or do I have to pass the 16 credits (passed)?
I mean if I fail any exam I have to take the courses later to still be able to graduate with all the 16 credits at TESU. Maybe take more than 16 to try to ensure the 16 passed credits (if 16 attempted is not enough)?

How much work is a normal course at TESU in relationship to a E-pack?

And thanks for the tips.
You cannot take more than 16 credits at one time if you haven't previously taken courses at TESU. That's just how it is. But you must also pass the courses for the credits to count toward residency. And it's why I started a list of "can't fail" classes on the wiki. Personally, I would not take 3 important ePack courses since your entire grade rests on a single exam. What I would do:

Fill up your Psych AOS with Study.com, Coopersmith, and UExcels.

For the 16-credit term, take: liberal arts capstone, business capstone, PLA-100, CIS-107 ePack (requires little/no study to pass), ART-100, GOG-230 World Geography. Reasoning for those course recommendations is here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

If desired, substitute 1 or 2 LL Psych courses (not ePacks) for ART-100 and/or GOG-230. Check the syllabus to see if it's something that you think you could take on in addition to the writing-heavy capstones. I would avoid courses with exams, but especially those with two or more exams (I think I've seen one class with three exams, but many with two exams; some with one or no exams), because TESU uses ProctorU and each exam must be scheduled ahead of time. You can also count on each exam taking 1-3 hours longer than it should because of potential issues with the proctor.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Kab
@Kab check out dfrocore's studyplan for COSC. Not sure how up to date it is though.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...harter-Oak
(02-17-2022, 04:13 PM)arad Wrote: @Kab check out dfrocore's studyplan for COSC. Not sure how up to date it is though.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...harter-Oak

That one's from 2018. It's very much out of date. Coopersmith is no longer accepted and Shmoop/Ed4Credit no longer exist. If Kab is abroad, DSSTs are not an option. COSC also requires at least 30 RA credits, which shouldn't be an issue for Kab due to prior foreign degree, but it's something to keep in mind. Also, I think that COSC now requires that Statistics in Psych be taken from them; there is no longer an inexpensive transferable option. I think some of the SDC courses are no longer accepted by COSC, too. Example: I do not see Physiological Psychology at Study.com.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-17-2022, 05:09 AM)Kab Wrote: Do I have to take the 16 credits (attempted) or do I have to pass the 16 credits (passed)?
I mean if I fail any exam I have to take the courses later to still be able to graduate with all the 16 credits at TESU. Maybe take more than 16 to try to ensure the 16 passed credits (if 16 attempted is not enough)?

How much work is a normal course at TESU in relationship to a E-pack?

And thanks for the tips.

You need to pass
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Kab
@Kab, you need to pass the 16 credits to get the residency fee requirement waived. As I mentioned, you can do the 3 e-packs as those are "easier", you can take 1st/2nd year intro courses. If you need the extra time, you can extend the two online courses. You can "pre-study" the 3 e-packs if you want and just finish them the first week of the 3 month term to get it out of the way.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Kab
I asked admission whether the cornerstone can be waived as I already have a degree and that's the answer from the director:
"The cornerstone course is a requirement for all new Charter Oak students. As is the Capstone."
arad Wrote:I asked admission whether the cornerstone can be waived as I already have a degree and that's the answer from the director:
"The cornerstone course is a requirement for all new Charter Oak students. As is the Capstone."

I guess they just want you to take the course and there won't be an exception. That stinks, TESU waives the requirement if you have a first Bachelors degree. Sad, I guess the only real workaround is for people who take the first and second degree at COSC.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Tedium
(02-24-2022, 12:44 PM)arad Wrote: I asked admission whether the cornerstone can be waived as I already have a degree and that's the answer from the director:

I can confirm it. I asked the same. You need to do both.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 2 51 9 minutes ago
Last Post: tdat314
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 377 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,237 Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,034 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 160 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 919 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 520 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 894 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,773 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,277 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211