Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad economy = no more ramen noodles
LaurenC Wrote:I live in Southern Caliornia and in my town alone we ave TONS of Mexican chains AND an Adalbertos! Plus 2 or 3 Los Jilbertos. Absolute cheap filling yummness.

I used to live in So Cal. I miss the warm weather and the mexican food, but that's about it. Del Taco - it's the most awesome food place on the planet... plus, they have wallet-friendly deals.

And no, this is not a sales pitch.
me = Cool
cr: 63
april004 Wrote:The grocery store near my house is almost out of ramen noodles. I know many college kids live off the stuff because it's so cheap. But there isn't a college by my house. When I was in my early 20's, right after I got out of the military and moved to Chicago, I lived off them for a few months until I got settled.

Most of the people in my particular neighborhood are not in their 20's. It's a northwest neighborhood in Chicago full of families.

Walking past the soup aisle- 3 individual packages of ramen noodles and 2 big bulk packs left. I asked the manager and he said they had run out.

I am so depressed.

SAGE ADVISE: When the economy goes down, buy stock in ramen.

DISCLAIMER: I'm am not on Wall Street; I have no idea what I'm talking about; as a commoner, something that may make sense to me, is probably kindergarten to professional investors, so don't take my advise.
:imwithstupid: yeah, that's me
me = Cool
cr: 63
stocks won't last for long the way the government is spending and neither will the United States
I buy the Korean Spicy ramen and the regular Top Ramen soups.

1 Ramen packet + 1 slice of cheese = MMMMM Good
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Maybe buying stock in Ramenis a good idea in the long term... I took my 11 year old grand daughter to the grocery store yesterday- she said "I LOVE Ramen noodles!" I'd say their forecast is pretty bright among the college-students of the future.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" Clairee in "Steel Magnolias"
BA General Studies COSC 5/31/15
COSC Cornerstone A 10/2013, Capstone A 11/2014
UExel- Social Psych A, Psych of A and A- A, Research Methods/Psych B, Pathophysiology A.
FEMA- 27, NFA-Q118, Q 534, Q137 and Q318
Clep- 2008 Humanities 75, 2009 Intro Sociology 67, US History I 69, US History II 61, American Lit. 71, Analyze & Int. Lit. 75, 2011 Western Civ. ll 58, Social Science 67
DSST-2010 HTYH 463, Ethics in America 433, Sub. Abuse 444, 2011 Art of the Western World 67, Civil War and Recon. 58, Org. Behavior 64, 2010 Env. and Humanity 68, Hist. of the Vietnam War 76, 2011 Intro World Religions 451, 2013 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 62, Technical Writing 60, Business Ethics and Society 449.
TEEX- 2013 Cyber Security classes x 3
DACC and IU: Speech, Psych, Rhetoric, Creative Writing
clep101 Wrote:I buy the Korean Spicy ramen and the regular Top Ramen soups.

1 Ramen packet + 1 slice of cheese = MMMMM Good

You're in the military, you're supposed to eat ramen straight out of the package, DRY with no flavoring and lose a couple of teeth while you're at it. LOL!

I'm not much of a "cheese" guy but I do admit I've been called "cheezy" on more than one occasion. Darn, now I got to go to Shop Rite and wait on a long line with a pack of cheese just to try your idea.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:You're in the military, you're supposed to eat ramen straight out of the package, DRY with no flavoring and lose a couple of teeth while you're at it. LOL!

I'm not much of a "cheese" guy but I do admit I've been called "cheezy" on more than one occasion. Darn, now I got to go to Shop Rite and wait on a long line with a pack of cheese just to try your idea.

It will be worth the wait. Just don't use too much water.

I don't do the dry Ramen, I might be in the military but I carry a portable little stove and a little propane tank in my ruck sack just for such occasions.

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

clep101 Wrote:It will be worth the wait. Just don't use too much water.

I don't do the dry Ramen, I might be in the military but I carry a portable little stove and a little propane tank in my ruck sack just for such occasions.

I actually tried this today because it sounded like an unlikely combo. I got to admit, it was MUY DELICIOSO. It's pretty cool seeing the cheese melt.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:I actually tried this today because it sounded like an unlikely combo. I got to admit, it was MUY DELICIOSO. It's pretty cool seeing the cheese melt.

I told you so. Big Grin
When I go to the field and all we get is MRE's, I sometimes combine the Ramen noodles with the MRE main meal and add the crackers and cheese packet. It is a nice hot concoction when you're out there training in the field.

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

clep101 Wrote:I told you so. Big Grin
When I go to the field and all we get is MRE's, I sometimes combine the Ramen noodles with the MRE main meal and add the crackers and cheese packet. It is a nice hot concoction when you're out there training in the field.

I'm going to add this to my Quick & Tasty menu. You military guys are creative when it comes to good eats. Thanks for the ramen tip.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010