Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad news, Everybody!
TMW2010 Wrote:BTW - Kaplan's GRE Subject Psych book is free through iBooks until 8/31. If you've got a iPod Touch, iPhone, or Apple, snag it.

Thanks TMW; I saw the previous posts regarding these but don't have an apple device. Bought the Kaplan book in addition to the more popular titles on ebay last week when the GRE test was booked Smile

EC is closed until Monday. Monday is the 30th of August, Tuesday the 31st and the last day enrollments would be taken to qualify for Subject GRE credit.

My transcripts were all received by the 9th of this month and the transcript customer service chappie said I would probably get an evaluation by Monday past - but it does say 2-3 weeks so was willing to give it until next week. This new information regarding Subject GREs creates a possible urgency.

I wasn't looking to commit to a major, let alone a college just yet, since I'll be paying cash for everything and wanted to give myself options.

Excelsior students, how long did the enrollment process take for you and with respect to actually talking with someone or pressing buttons on the t'internet, what was the actual recorded date for your enrollment? Obviously it would be better to speak with an adviser but it's a long weekend.

I wasn't even commited to taking the psychology GRE but the option was a benefit. Now, depending on what happens next week I'll either be enrolled in EC or planning alternative tests and looking at TESC's programme after getting a partial refund on the subject GRE. Will also have a bunch of books available for anyone who wants them Smile

Thanks Smile
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
irnbru Wrote:Thanks TMW; I saw the previous posts regarding these but don't have an apple device. Bought the Kaplan book in addition to the more popular titles on ebay last week when the GRE test was booked Smile

EC is closed until Monday. Monday is the 30th of August, Tuesday the 31st and the last day enrollments would be taken to qualify for Subject GRE credit.

My transcripts were all received by the 9th of this month and the transcript customer service chappie said I would probably get an evaluation by Monday past - but it does say 2-3 weeks so was willing to give it until next week. This new information regarding Subject GREs creates a possible urgency.

I wasn't looking to commit to a major, let alone a college just yet, since I'll be paying cash for everything and wanted to give myself options.

Excelsior students, how long did the enrollment process take for you and with respect to actually talking with someone or pressing buttons on the t'internet, what was the actual recorded date for your enrollment? Obviously it would be better to speak with an adviser but it's a long weekend.

I wasn't even commited to taking the psychology GRE but the option was a benefit. Now, depending on what happens next week I'll either be enrolled in EC or planning alternative tests and looking at TESC's programme after getting a partial refund on the subject GRE. Will also have a bunch of books available for anyone who wants them Smile

Thanks Smile

The way I see it, 4 days notice is assinine. If this was approved on the 11th, they should have been letting people know on the 12th not the 27th. I have to give EC a big thumbs down on this action.

**Edit - I believe that as soon as my card cleared the enrollment fee, I was officially enrolled, and didn't have to wait for the official eval to get done.

And I bought the Kaplan prep book twice... One physical copy and one kindle edition to use on my Touch and while at my computer. And I'd found a way to export it to ePub so I could read it on my phone through Alkido's reader, until Amazon finally released Kindle for Android...
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I am very disappointed by this decision. It ends an important opportunity and leaves a lot of people trying to figure out what to do to complete their degrees.

I am glad that the option is still open for another year (if enrolled this week). It makes for a tight schedule to take 1-3 GREs, though.

------

Irnbru – Yes, the enrollment and academic policy date are set the day you enroll (and pay) online. It is very similar to the online application process.

I have been told several times that I can change majors within the Liberal Arts school without affecting the academic policy date. If you later want to change to the business school from liberal arts, that is probably a different situation and could trigger an academic policy date change and void GRE credit.

Also, the conferral date for my AS was 2 months after completing the credits and then I had to re-enroll for the BS program. This news will affect your option of getting an AS, too.

I know this is a really big deal. Please let us know if we can help you with anything. I didn’t realize you were planning to take a GRE and so soon.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Well, they just lost a customer.

I was planning on the psych GRE in November along with many of you. I may still take it just to spank the s**t out of it and make the brick and mortar kiddies look bad.

Excelsior's decision was pretty weasely, giving a few days to get enrolled and such before a cutoff. It reminds me of a car salesman putting on the pressure sale and makes me wish people were actually willing to cooperate and boycott the place until they changed their mind. Meh, we're all pushovers and they know it.

Thomas Edison, here I come.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for TESC's TECEPs: Public Relations, Intro to News Reporting or Marketing Com? tickledpink 11 1,765 07-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Last Post: scribbler
  Great news JJ65 5 862 04-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rmonte
  Bad news for my TESC degree Snickerdoodle 50 3,909 03-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Snickerdoodle
  Applying soon to TESC BA Liberal Arts (NEWS FLASH: Must Read) bldclot2 10 1,143 03-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  U.S. News info on Big 3 IrishJohn 11 1,415 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: perriquit
  News Flash!!!!!! Excelsior Capstone bldclot2 4 792 12-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Last Post: bldclot2
  Good news about TESC math/natural science ryoder 8 1,732 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  got my inital assessment back from Ecelsior and COSC...not good news ! rebel100 3 1,085 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Worst...news...ever betch 10 2,300 06-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Last Post: betch
  Bad News--Excelsior Unofficial Evaluation mlwilliamsiv 19 3,496 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Last Post: malcs