Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful and don't get overconfident
I was just humbled by a clep test. I thought I could just walk in to the testing center and " cold turkey" take an English Composition test. I needed one more credit on my english to get the amount Thomas Edison is requiring. I decided to take this test..without the essay element and low and behold..up pops a 45 at the tests end. Yuk! So now I have to regroup,rethink and somehow come up with one crummy credit. Moral to the story:

1. Don't assume after being out of school for over 30 yrs. that there will be no problem on this test.

2, Don't get overconfident and just whiz through any test and figure,"All is well". I just found that out and now I have to move on and get smarter!
Good post RBOWMAN. Thanks for sharing with us.
Wow, what a letdown. Sorry to hear about that...thanks for letting us know. Sad
RBOWMAN Wrote:I was just humbled by a clep test. I thought I could just walk in to the testing center and " cold turkey" take an English Composition test. I needed one more credit on my english to get the amount Thomas Edison is requiring. I decided to take this test..without the essay element and low and behold..up pops a 45 at the tests end. Yuk! So now I have to regroup,rethink and somehow come up with one crummy credit. Moral to the story:

1. Don't assume after being out of school for over 30 yrs. that there will be no problem on this test.

2, Don't get overconfident and just whiz through any test and figure,"All is well". I just found that out and now I have to move on and get smarter!

Sorry to hear that RBOWMAN.
I only dared do that with the Spanish Language CLEP, but I'm a native spanish speaker so it wasn't an issue.

What will you be taking to make up for those credits now? ECE College Writing? Just curious...
I was told the U of Wisconsin has a one credit course{costs $ 420.00} and that was what I was trying to avoid by taking the English comp clep. I got fooled and now I have to come up with a plan "b". Any ideas...please and thank you!!
RBOWMAN Wrote:I was told the U of Wisconsin has a one credit course{costs $ 420.00} and that was what I was trying to avoid by taking the English comp clep. I got fooled and now I have to come up with a plan "b". Any ideas...please and thank you!!

Have you already taken CLEP Freshman College Composition? Or what about DANTES Technical Writing?

Just throwing out ideas.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
RBOWMAN Wrote:I was told the U of Wisconsin has a one credit course{costs $ 420.00} and that was what I was trying to avoid by taking the English comp clep. I got fooled and now I have to come up with a plan "b". Any ideas...please and thank you!!

Excelsior has a one credit Information Literacy course ($250), required for EC Liberal Arts students, don't know if it will work for your needs, but it's cheap and fast.
...just an idea... good luck!
RBOWMAN-
Same thing happened to me about 7 months ago with Sociology.....I figured how hard can it be? It was hard enough!!! I studied the second time around and did really well......
Thanks Hobbes for the Excelsior tip. I'll certainly look into that course. It has really thrown a wrench into my timeline for graduation in May. Iam sure there has to be a simple one credit course answer that will put me back on track . Anyway, I appreciate the support from my friends here at Instantcert!!!
I had already taken 7 CLEPS when a school "advisor" pushed me to take the English CLEP immediately as a prerequisite - I had scored so well on all the other CLEPS that, like you, I thought, how hard can it be? Well, I went in cold turkey and almost panicked in the exam - I ran out of time for the last 25 questions...and had to really rush through them. I scored a 56 when usually I score in the high 70's...I will never go in unprepared again.