Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit
A few people have asked me to create a BACS/BSIT degree plan for them using primarily SL/Study.com sources as they're not near a CLEP/DSST testing location (yeah, I know how it feels, I am 1.5 hours away from the nearest one).  So, here it is for you to compare the programs!  If you are near a testing center, just change the SL/Study.com course to use CLEP/DSST instead.

For the individuals who asked how to get both, you may want to go with WGU as the pricing for both combined is pretty similar, I think it might be slightly cheaper at WGU.  For those who want to stick with TESU to get both, the comprehensive tuition is recommended, as you can take up to 36 credits within the year to get the "hard to find sciences/comp sci/IT courses or to use on the two capstone courses, also there will be no residency waiver fee".

Finally, to the others that asked about a BSBA GM/BALS NC combo with the addition of the two ASNSM Comp Sci & Math.  The file is pretty similar to the My Degree Plan!.xlsx file with minor modifications.  I have updated the science requirements to use the easiest ones, as well as updated the Associates/Bachelors and Masters sheets, I also added a Cost sheet to it as well and removed the certificates sheet/tab.

Note: If you look at the "options" of the BALS NC, you can change the optional list of courses around and add the 3 CS/CIS courses instead of taking History to get a BALS NSM instead of no concentration.  You can play around with other UL courses on Study.com to get a concentration instead of a no concentration BALS.  As again, your two degrees only require a different capstone + 21 credits.  "Tweak it" so it uses the 99 credits from the previous degree to lower the cost.

Study.com transfer: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
TESU CLEP LINK: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
TESU DSST LINK: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst

Happy Holidays, Be Safe! Enjoy your Xmas and New Years with the family!

Attached Files
.xlsx   BSBA GM & BALS NC.xlsx (Size: 22.2 KB / Downloads: 172)
.xlsx   TESU BACS + BSIT.xlsx (Size: 13.31 KB / Downloads: 138)
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Computer Science (June 2019 graduation...)
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)~
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc~
[-] The following 5 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21, gamebradie, luedogg, MNomadic, robertsted
Hi guys i have some questions.
I got transcript from a college that medium of the language is english. But saw that thomas edison college requires an ielts or a toefl. I don't have those yet. Do i have to get those or could i complete my degree without ielts?
And saw that it requires a ssn number. I'm not u.s. Citizen. I'll be an international student.

Thanks in advance.
If you come from a country where English is not the native/first language, then you must clear the TOEFL/IELTS. This holds true even if English was the medium of instruction at your educational institution. I am an international student, and I had to clear TOEFL. From my experience, I can say TOEFL is comparatively easier to clear than IELTS. Also, there are a lot of free resources on YouTube to train for TOEFL. So, you could go on the ETS website, create a profile for yourself, and check out the dates on which TOEFL is offered in your country.
TESU BALS-Psych. (Started Sept. 15, 2018): 109 Cr.

TEEX(6): Cybersecurity 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Essentials of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Community Safety Education
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(63): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences, Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Special Ed. History & Law, Differentiated Ed., Classroom Management, Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Research methods in Psych.
Saylor (15): Intro. to Molecular & Cellular Biology, Comparative Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone
CSM (3): Quantitative reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 
(03-15-2019, 10:54 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hi guys i have some questions.
I got transcript from a college that medium of the language is english. But saw that thomas edison college requires an ielts or a toefl. I don't have those yet. Do i have to get those or could i complete my degree without ielts?
And saw that it requires a ssn number. I'm not u.s. Citizen. I'll be an international student.

Thanks in advance.

You should start a new thread for this question.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
Anyone knows that Is TESU in the WES list? Couldn't find it but saw WGU.
What is the WES list?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
(03-16-2019, 08:59 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Anyone knows that Is TESU in the WES list? Couldn't find it but saw WGU.

Start a new thread
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 115 4,972 Yesterday, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Mil0
  Dine College: $55 per credit hour eriehiker 19 691 04-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Still no cheap Associates anymore, right? jsd 18 453 04-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Do CLEP scores have to be sent to a college in order to be seen? Mom23boys 5 179 04-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Mom23boys
  Non-Credit Writing Courses harrypotter 11 306 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Dallas County Community College District sanantone 0 82 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 1 191 04-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Murdockb
  TEEX also has new cheap online forensics/law enforcement courses MNomadic 36 1,995 04-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Mil0
Question Best place to learn SQL - Cheap/Free? Johmford 15 545 03-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Last Post: hallk33
  Questions on College Composition FishNDip 14 585 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Merlin