Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best University for an international student
Hello, I'm a guy who currently lives in France and (maybe) I've decided to take a bachelors degree in CS and similar but I need your advice. 
Which is the fastest and cheapest university in your opinion for an international student like me? 
what I'm looking for should respect these things:   
- transfer the largest number of credits 
- transfer credits from IT certifications
- max budget about 6000 euro
- eventually allows access to a master degree

My plan is to start with the metropolia course of 180 ECTS and then take the remaining credits from sophia, SDU etc 

What do you think?

Thanks 
For an American Computer Science degree, the cheapest is probably going to be TESU. And Metropolia is a good place to start, of course. It might wind up being a bit more than 6000 euro, though.

Are you French or do you just live in France? If you're French (or from any other EU nation), you might also want to consider just finishing off the Metropolia degree. Your only cost would be those initial 180 ECTS.

Another crazy possibility would be to finish the Metropolia degree (assuming that you are an EU citizen) and then go for the TESU Comp Sci degree. All of the gen eds and electives for the TESU degree would be waived. You'd be able to finish the AOS with Study.com and taking the capstone. The cost of doing it this way would be (approximately):

579€ for Metropolia degree
$200 for degree evaluation
$1605 for capstone
$3288 for residency waiver fee
--------
Plus the cost of credits from Study.com. Total would be right around $6000 for two degrees from two universities.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • lucillegyl, MrPanda, origamishuttle, thunderstruck
I'm Italian and I currently live in France. From what I know, however, finishing the 180 ECTS course on metropolia does not equate to being awarded a degree. I have to find out about this.

Do you know if TESU transfers credits from IT certifications?

Another obstacle is that of the TOEFL
The 180 credits from Metropolia are 3/4 of one of their IT degrees. The remaining 1/4 is free for EU citizens or about 10000€ for everyone else.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
Go with Purdue Global Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
My term starts March 22th,
You could transfer 75% of credits from Sophia, Study(dot)com, the W3 PHP Certificate, and Google IT Support Certificate
It will cost anywhere between 3k USD and 6k USD (depends if you finish it one single term or two terms)
I am here for help and planning if you have any questions
Greetings from Tunisia
(03-06-2023, 07:28 AM)faresayari Wrote: Go with Purdue Global Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
You could transfer 75% of credits from Sophia, Study(dot)com, the W3 PHP Certificate, and Google IT Support Certificate
It will cost anywhere between 3k USD and 6k USD (depends if you finish it one single term or two terms)
Greetings from Tunisia

It's physically impossible to complete the PUG in one term because the Capstone project is on a fixed schedule and cannot be accelerated.

The Capstone cannot be started until a student has completed all but about two courses, so it is not feasible to finish the entire program in one term.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
And what about UMPI? true, it doesn't have a bachelor's degree in computer science but I can maybe choose a bachelor's degree in management information systems and then after that a master in CS. it would be even cheaper. the only problem is how to bypass the toefl (which is possible to do at the TESU instead).
If you want UMPI, they SHOULD accept the Duolingo English Test. It's significantly cheaper than the TOEFL and can be done online.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(03-06-2023, 08:47 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 07:28 AM)faresayari Wrote: Go with Purdue Global Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Greetings from Tunisia

It's physically impossible to complete the PUG in one term because the Capstone project is on a fixed schedule and cannot be accelerated.

The Capstone cannot be started until a student has completed all but about two courses, so it is not feasible to finish the entire program in one term.

I think the capstone is no longer on a fixed schedule for Exceltrack (I've read that in their Facebook group)
Could anyone here confirm?
[-] The following 1 user Likes faresayari's post:
  • soren0129
(03-06-2023, 06:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you want UMPI, they SHOULD accept the Duolingo English Test. It's significantly cheaper than the TOEFL and can be done online.

So even if I have 9 credits from US university, I can't bypass the TOEFL like at TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 5 172 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 216 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Intl future student looking for guidance James4 6 333 04-18-2024, 04:16 PM
  Interdisciplinary from Liberty University Hami8665 3 210 04-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Overseas Student default 8 253 04-14-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Computer science for international student in 2024 Passa 6 429 02-27-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Passa
  Any University of Wisconsin-Parkside Alum? CFPhopeful 9 706 01-18-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  Help - Engineering Degree for European Student Bat1234 6 623 01-06-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Bat1234
Question Help - Computer Science Degree Plan International Student JohnnyBazzinga 8 923 01-04-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,789 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12