Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Veterans Organizations to join?
I'm getting out in a few months... will still be in the reserves though.

Navy E-5... military police.

Does anyone recommend a good Veterans Organization to join? Or what to look for in a Veterans group before joining?
I'm just a member of my local VFW and the local American Legion.
I get free beer when I go to any get togethers at their posts. hilarious
You can't really go wrong with the VFW, but not sure what you are looking for in a VA group.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I've never been deployed though (due to no fault of my own, I've got sent to a non-deployable unit for the last 4 years)

don't you have to be a "Veteran of a Foreign War" ... meaning somewhere besides stuck here in the good ol' US of A ?
MA2 Wrote:I've never been deployed though (due to no fault of my own, I've got sent to a non-deployable unit for the last 4 years)

don't you have to be a "Veteran of a Foreign War" ... meaning somewhere besides stuck here in the good ol' US of A ?

Oops, I guess I've been deployed one to many times that I automatically assume everyone has too LOL. Well, there are some assignments that count like Korea. Other than that, I'm not sure.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Yea, I didn't chose military police as my job and then expect to get stuck stateside for 4 years, trust me. But I guess the needs of the Navy come first and this is where they wanted me so this is where I am. I'll look in to the American legion as well as some others assuming I qualify.
MA2 - check out this link. It's from the Texas Veterans Commission, but lists all orginizations through the US and some are State of Texas Specific. Tons out there.

Veteran Organizations
OneDayDegree Wrote:MA2 - check out this link. It's from the Texas Veterans Commission, but lists all orginizations through the US and some are State of Texas Specific. Tons out there.

Veteran Organizations

Ahhh... very helpful, thanks Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best and Worst Colleges for Veterans sanantone 9 5,488 09-05-2023, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AUDACITY4U
  New Benefit for Veterans Receiving Disability jamshid666 3 2,666 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Free Coding bootcamps for veterans: VET TEC program through the VA MNomadic 10 4,226 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Certificates in Services for Veterans Jonathan Whatley 1 1,873 06-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Busch Gardens or SeaWorld free for veterans MNomadic 0 1,364 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
  Trump moves to cancel student loan debt for disabled veterans decimon 11 5,836 05-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Free Splunk Training for Veterans jamshid666 3 3,785 04-26-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,960 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
  Only 722 total veterans in top 36 most highly selective colleges! Life Long Learning 3 2,065 03-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Announces $500,000 in Scholarships for Veterans bluebooger 9 4,133 12-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning