Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best route for my goals; TESC or COSC
I am currently enrolled in a local CC, I graduate from there in May 2014. I'm currently getting financial aid there and will be until I graduate. I am so close to my AS in natural science that it would be silly not to finish. The remaining credits I need for that wouldn't apply to my degree at COSC or TESC other than as free electives so I'm not worried about transferring them in. I do realize that I lose the Pell Grant when I earn a bachelors, but I already have been receiving it for over three years (I went to school for cosmetology way back when) and even though I would lose some free money, it would save me thousands in loans for my ADN/BSN or BSN. That's really where I am on that...It may not be the smartest path, but it's the one that motivates me to reach my goals.
amielynne Wrote:Awesome! Thank you guys very much for the info. The gen eds you recommended were on a list I started making last night, so it's good to see that I was on the right path. I didn't consider an AA from COSC, Am I really only a few $100 away?! I just might have to do that too! How would I go about that (what would I need)? Could I graduate with both at the same time too? So really all I'm trying to figure out now it my concentration; I've been exploring all of my options and it seems that psychology (with all the LL clep/DSST and all the UL ECE) and business admin (with all the tests and straighterline) would be the easiest, but I am still interested in the organizational leadership/ healthcare admin. Either way I am formulating plans (at least trying to) to weigh the costs, courses/tests needed, test difficulty, and my overall interest in the degree. Thanks again for all of the help! I look forward to more suggestions!

Well the point with the AA is that you will be there with the handful of CBE and the Cornerstone. Now the Cornerstone runs about $1000 these days, but you need it anyway...so grab the AA while your headed to the BA/BS. You would technically earn the AA in December then the BS/BA as quick as you complete the UL classes maybe by May...up to you and how fast you work.

If your willing to take the courses and sub some exams then yes...the Organizational Leadership route is a great path to take. If you will PM me your address i can send you my CPS. Thats the document you create in the Cornerstone that directs the rest of your path through the Degree. In it you can see how I filled the various requirements. My degree is a Org. Leadership and Health Care dual concentration.

Remember COSC counts several of the DSST's as UL and the ECE's and TECEP's your looking at should all be down around $100

Your looking at the corner and capstone $2000
Enrollment fee for 2 semesters $500 (its around $250/semester)
Graduation Fees $400 (once for the AA and again for the Bachelors)
Testing Fees $1000-1500.

So less than $4500 TOTAL if you mainly test out. U of Idaho and CSU would add $200 or $250 per course over the price of CBE. Even if you elected to take the 9 UL courses you need at one of these your Bachelors would be well under $7000
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,302 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,966 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,376 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,792 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,793 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,580 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,974 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,939 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM