Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best site for UL courses
I know I’m going to need UL courses. Who would be best to get these through? Sophia, sailor, study etc...
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
Check NAU's competency-based online program.
They have lots of upper level courses.
You can pay one time fee of $3k and take all of their upper-level courses and transfer the credits to any institution of your choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-11-2020, 10:44 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I know I’m going to need UL courses. Who would be best to get these through? Sophia, sailor, study etc...
Study.com Sophia is all LL, saylor may have 1 or 2 UL. There's a few NCCRS sources with UL.

(12-11-2020, 11:31 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Check NAU's competency-based online program.
They have lots of upper level courses.
You can pay one time fee of $3k and take all of their upper-level courses and transfer the credits to any institution of your choice.

Have you actually tried that before suggesting it to someone else? You would have to be admitted and enroll in one of their degree programs if I'm not mistaken. Then they would likely want you to finish your LL courses before taking UL. Also, if you're accelerating through a competency based program to get UL credits to transfer, why wouldn't you just finish your degree there?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • LongRoad, Pikachu, rachel83az
My 2 sons are taking all their UL courses through Study.com based on everything we have read here. It is working out great for us. However, just to be safe, we spoke with an advisor who plugged in all our courses into our degree plan for academic evaluation just to make sure they were the right ones to fill in the holes. I would suggest doing that with any institution.
(12-11-2020, 11:44 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Have you actually tried that before suggesting it to someone else? You would have to be admitted and enroll in one of their degree programs if I'm not mistaken. Then they would likely want you to finish your LL courses before taking UL. Also, if you're accelerating through a competency based program to get UL credits to transfer, why wouldn't you just finish your degree there?

I have applied to the NAU program.
The program is not too hard to get in. Look at their acceptance rate of 83%.... almost anyone with average B grade will get in.
They allow you to take any course from competency-based program's pool of courses.
You can take them in any order.
Still not sure why you'd go to the trouble of enrolling at NAU and taking UL courses at NAU and then not finish a degree at NAU. A couple of terms at NAU would be less expensive than a Big 3 degree. If it takes you longer than 2 or 3 terms to finish an NAU degree, it would probably be better to just get your ULs through SDC and skip the whole NAU process entirely.

It's not like every UL class will transfer to every degree. There are specific requirements that need to be met in order for a given class to work with a degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LongRoad
Study.com is by far the best choice for UL credits
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 2 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
(12-11-2020, 10:44 PM)adegree4me Wrote: I know I’m going to need UL courses. Who would be best to get these through? Sophia, sailor, study etc...

Saylor only has 3 UL courses, and they're all business, so won't work well in all degree plans.  Plus their courses are not always the best.

Straighterline only has 1 UL course.

Davar has a bunch of UL, but they're almost all business, and I don't think COSC will take them.

That leaves Study.com which has a bunch - although you need to check, as different schools bring different courses in differently (TESU brings in the most as UL, COSC and EC are somewhat stingy).

Coopersmith has some UL, COSC won't take them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-12-2020, 09:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Saylor only has 3 UL courses, and they're all business, so won't work well in all degree plans.  Plus their courses are not always the best.

Saylor UL courses:
BUS202: Principles of Finance
BUS300: Operations Management
BUS402: Project Management

I'm surprised Principles of Finance is upper level. Wonder how ACE made that determination.
Do you know if Saylor's ProjMan is brought in as UL for TESU? Wondering how they handle Saylor's ProjMan as opposed to Sophia's ProjMan. Are they coded differently? And if so, would this mean a person could take the two courses and have both come in?

What is the Straighterline UL course?
(12-12-2020, 10:41 AM)innen_oda Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 09:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Saylor only has 3 UL courses, and they're all business, so won't work well in all degree plans.  Plus their courses are not always the best.

Saylor UL courses:
BUS202: Principles of Finance
BUS300: Operations Management
BUS402: Project Management

I'm surprised Principles of Finance is upper level. Wonder how ACE made that determination.
Do you know if Saylor's ProjMan is brought in as UL for TESU? Wondering how they handle Saylor's ProjMan as opposed to Sophia's ProjMan. Are they coded differently? And if so, would this mean a person could take the two courses and have both come in?

What is the Straighterline UL course?

None of those transfer to TESU. But there are others that they seem to bring in as UL. https://www.saylor.org/partners/colleges...r-partner/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,749 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,402 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat