Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best site for UL courses
No, you didn't answer. That's fine but don't be catty about how you definitely did when you refused to after I politely asked. Saying "check this link where people whine about being charged for 2 months when they used two months or where 50% of the posts say "problem resolved" is not you answering a question. It's a dodge because you don't want to answer, or can't answer.

Your opinion of Study.com is your own business but if you can't justify it when asked then it just stays your opinion. You had an opportunity here to convert others to your point of view and you declined to do so. That is also fine but don't just keep muttering about it in the back ground for the rest of the thread. No one has been triggered here but you, as far as I can see.

Study.com is by far the best choice for UL credits. No other provider comes close. Study.com offers something like 10x as many UL credits as any other option people here use. Pretending that isn't true just hurts your credibility, not Study.com's. I have gotten probably 60 UL credits from Study.com, at least. There is literally not another provider available here that even offers that many, do you understand that? Saylor, Sophia, Straighterline, Davar and Coopersmith all added together don't offer as many UL courses as Study.com does. Study.com offers something like 60 courses that transfer into TESU as UL. 60. That's 180 UL credits. I think Davar offers 14 UL courses. Good for them but this is not really debatable.

If you want to keep this going, try responding with your personal experience of Study.com when you used it for UL credits. That would be on-topic and helpful.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(12-13-2020, 06:36 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: No, you didn't answer. That's fine but don't be catty about how you definitely did when you refused to after I politely asked. Saying "check this link where people whine about being charged for 2 months when they used two months or where 50% of the posts say "problem resolved" is not you answering a question. It's a dodge because you don't want to answer, or can't answer.

Your opinion of Study.com is your own business but if you can't justify it when asked then it just stays your opinion. You had an opportunity here to convert others to your point of view and you declined to do so. That is also fine but don't just keep muttering about it in the back ground for the rest of the thread. No one has been triggered here but you, as far as I can see.

Study.com is by far the best choice for UL credits. No other provider comes close. Study.com offers something like 10x as many UL credits as any other option people here use. Pretending that isn't true just hurts your credibility, not Study.com's. I have gotten probably 60 UL credits from Study.com, at least. There is literally not another provider available here that even offers that many, do you understand that? Saylor, Sophia, Straighterline, Davar and Coopersmith all added together don't offer as many UL courses as Study.com does. Study.com offers something like 60 courses that transfer into TESU as UL. 60. That's 180 UL credits. I think Davar offers 14 UL courses. Good for them but this is not really debatable.

If you want to keep this going, try responding with your personal experience of Study.com when you used it for UL credits. That would be on-topic and helpful.
Im thinking COSC will be the best school for me financially since I've used most my federal student aid up with all the other stuff i've done (and no degree to show for it) and I will need UL credits for them. I don't have any. Hopefully cosc will have all my transcripts soon, I'll know what I need by end of next week or the week after.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 2 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • Flelm, jsh1138
(12-13-2020, 06:36 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: No, you didn't answer. That's fine but don't be catty about how you definitely did when you refused to after I politely asked. Saying "check this link where people whine about being charged for 2 months when they used two months or where 50% of the posts say "problem resolved" is not you answering a question. It's a dodge because you don't want to answer, or can't answer.

I think I understand.  

You are not satisfied with my answer.  In fact, you refuse to even admit that I provided one.  I'm okay with that.

My position on this issue is very simple.  Study.com has a poor rating with the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of recent, negative reviews.  Like it or not, that is a fact.

If one doesn't care for BBB reviews, perhaps Trustpilot is more to their liking.  Glassdoor also offers some interesting reviews of study.com from written from an employee's perspective.

You'd like me to reframe my position as opinion, in order to enable you to beat me over the head with your own opinions.  I'm not interested in that.

As far as "I wasn't triggered, you're the one that was triggered!", I'm comfortable with letting folks read our posts and come to their own conclusions about that.

Speaking of reading posts, you continue to ignore the content of my posts in your responses.  For example, your claim that I am somehow pretending that study.com does not offer a wide selection of UL courses is puzzling.   But I'm okay with that, because I'm confident that others reading this thread will note that I did say of study.com in my original reply, "I know that they have a wide selection of UL courses".  Despite your assertion to the contrary, I doubt that my credibility is going to take any knocks on that score, unless of course you are now suggesting that they do not offer a wide selection of UL courses.

I understand and appreciate that my opinion of study.com is exactly that, my opinion.  I have never claimed otherwise.  I am not interested in an opportunity to convert anyone to my point of view, or to substitute my judgement for anyone else's.  I don't know how many different ways I can say this, but as a consumer, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from the experiences of other consumers.  I feel that it is reasonable and prudent to suggest to anyone considering study.com that they take into account factors other than a dogmatic, one-line proclamation on an internet forum in making their decision.

The reasons behind your advocacy of study.com are your own, if open to speculation.  And to be clear, I'm not asking.  But I urge you to consider the impact of your posts.  Take an fresh look at what you've written, and ask whether or not you are truly helping to protect or enhance their reputation.  

I can't help but wonder what study.com's management, administration or shareholders would say if they had an opportunity to address this issue with you.  

Would they say, "Great job, keep it up!  To hell with those whiners, amirite"?

Or would it be more like, "Listen, we really appreciate having you as a student, we're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we're grateful for the positive recommendations.  But you've got what, almost three hundred college credits?  You must be a very smart person.  We're sure you can appreciate that we really, really don't like the fact that all those negative reviews are out there, and literally the very last thing we want is for any more attention to be drawn to them.  When you see a mildly negative but reasonably even-handed post like,  "For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of study.com.  I dislike any sort of subscription model, doubly so when they work as hard as SDC does to hide their true costs.  But we have plenty of SDC students here, and I know that they have a wide selection of UL courses", please, don't escalate it.  It isn't all that bad to begin with, and it would ordinarily sink to the bottom and be forgotten pretty quickly.  But whatever you do, please don't bait and goad anyone into a conflagration.  While we appreciate that your heart's in the right place as far as we're concerned, all you've done is to ensure that more and more people searching "study.com reviews", "study.com true costs", "study.com scam", "study.com deceptive pricing" and so on, will be linked to that thread and will lead potential students right to those negative reviews, and we can't stress this enough, we really, really don't want anyone looking at those.  The longer this exchange goes on, the higher it gets in search engine results, and the more those negative reviews are right in front of potential students' eyeballs.  And while we're on the subject, your dismissing the BBB as extortionists, their reviewers as "whiners" and readers as "ignorant" does not help our mission.  So if you could, you know, just let it go already, that would be great."
(12-13-2020, 11:05 AM)ctcarl Wrote: As far as "I wasn't triggered, you're the one that was triggered!", I'm comfortable with letting folks read our posts and come to their own conclusions about that.

At the risk of sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong, is there any chance to maybe take this to private messages? The conversation between you two has long surpassed discussion of topics that would be useful to outside readers, and instead has devolved into a debate over who is less awesome. Or something. I'm not really sure what you're arguing about anymore.

All I know is that each time I visit this board and it looks like someone has potentially posted a useful link to some UL courses, I'm instead greeted with more of this argy-bargy.
[-] The following 5 users Like innen_oda's post:
  • dbinghamjr, Dumber, MNomadic, ROYISAGIRL, Vle045
(12-12-2020, 01:13 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 11:44 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Have you actually tried that before suggesting it to someone else? You would have to be admitted and enroll in one of their degree programs if I'm not mistaken. Then they would likely want you to finish your LL courses before taking UL. Also, if you're accelerating through a competency based program to get UL credits to transfer, why wouldn't you just finish your degree there?

I have applied to the NAU program.
The program is not too hard to get in. Look at their acceptance rate of 83%.... almost anyone with average B grade will get in.
They allow you to take any course from competency-based program's pool of courses.
You can take them in any order.
What is NAU?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • Vle045
Northern Arizona University.
(12-14-2020, 09:37 AM)ctcarl Wrote: Northern Arizona University.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 853 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 680 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,149 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,077 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,633 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,024 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,010 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 569 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 323 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 694 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat