Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best time to apply to TESU - before July 1? Wanna see my plan?
CollegeKid Wrote:I completely agree and understand what you're all saying, but for now I need the "second high school diploma" sooner than I can get to the BA. If I go the COSC or EC route (not sure what the POAG discount is), will I need other classes? or are their requirements the same?

For the AA/AS at COSC, you need the following (not sure which of your courses are completed, and which are the 4 you still need to do, so just going off your list):

1) Intro to Religion/Anthropology/Comparative (Global Understanding area)

2) Natural Sciences w/Lab - since you took Nutrition, you could take Rio Salado's Nutrition Lab for $215, supposedly you complete it in a day or two
- then you'd need another science course
- or you can choose a science w/lab from SL

3) COSC's Cornerstone

Looks like ~$2000 start to finish there

For the AA at TESU, with your list, you've completed all of the requirements. So, it's just the fees you'll pay: ~$2200.

If you had planned it out ahead of time for COSC, it would have been cheaper than TESU. But since you've already completed the requirements for TESU, it comes out almost the same. And obviously less time to just pay TESU than take the COSC cornerstone course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Who was the email from? Not the person, but the job title. That would be helpful to know at this point.

Admissions Counselor
dfrecore Wrote:But since you've already completed the requirements for TESU, it comes out almost the same. And obviously less time to just pay TESU than take the COSC cornerstone course.

Thank you SO MUCH for helping me with those numbers. I was feeling a big overwhelmed with the idea of changing from TESU. I think it makes sense for me to continue.

I'll also double check on this issue of going from an associates to a bachelors. I know it's not the popular choice on the forum but it does make sense for some.

Thanks again - you all are so helpful!!
CollegeKid Wrote:Admissions Counselor

Yeah, I think I would contact the bursar, and tell him (her?) that you received this email, and see what he (she?) says. I'm wondering if what they put in writing they have to adhere to? I certainly would give it a shot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UPDATE: I wanted you all to know that I got a clarification from the admissions person. Most of you probably already know this... but the residency waiver is only valid for ONE YEAR. So it seems like if you get your associates and then complete your bachelors within a year, you don't have to pay twice.

I think the timing of all of this could be really tricky, but wanted to clarify for the group. I appreciate everyone's help so much!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore