Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big 3
Hey All, really just sharing my experience here to help you make smart decisions.
I was in the unique situation where I had tons of undergrad credits but was missing a handful of the lower level GE course reqs that most schools require to confer a BA. Had my 9 transcripts sent to TESU and evaluated in March of '18. They found slots for 98 credits to count towards a BA, leaving me with 22c to complete (4c which had to be their capstone and cornerstone). As it turned out, I needed to complete English Comp 1 & 2 (6c in one CLEP), public speaking, American Govt, history of world religions & ethics (18c total) prior to doing capstone/cornerstone at TESU (online). I did these at a pace of 1 a month via passing the corresponding CLEP/DSST exam. I finished these by end of Aug 2018. I then started my capstone in late September finishing it in December of '18. (The cornerstone is just a 1 credit online course literacy tool you have to complete which can be done in 3-4 hours). So to sum up, I was able to complete 22 credits in less than 9 months (including one 3 mo. TESU course) to meet all BA reqs and they will award diploma in March '19 (1 year from inittial application to TESU). How I studied for CLEP/DSST: Study.com, Quizlet, Petersons review exams (free at local library database), some REA, some free-clep-prep reviews, other free online resources, youtu.be vids, etc. Good luck!