Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propero/Pearson courses
armyb77 Wrote:I think that Straighterline is definitely a better option compared to Propero. Propero just has to many issues and it seems that they don't have enough customers to justify fixing the problems, or they just don't care. Even my course had issues from enrollment to quizzes that had content not covered yet. The only reason I would suggest Propero is if you want a self paced course and you need English Comp II only and don't want to read Frankenstein. Otherwise stick with Straighterline, or even CLEP it.

Well don't forget that Propero also offers some courses that SL does not (see full list here). Perhaps for those courses that both have one should favor SL, but for the others Propero could still be a good alternative.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Penn Foster offers many alternatives to Propero. I have no personal experience with either organization.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
At least for the one I took, I think that I figured out the trick to the Propero courses. I did have some of the same issues as everyone else, but this was able to get me scores in the 80's on most tests. Each Lesson has a presentation, I pull up the text only version and copy/paste each slide inter a Word Doc. Then i can just search the Word doc for key phrases. about 3/4 of the questions were right from the lesson, the rest i searched the book for and was able to find a few, then guessed on a couple. Have gotten 80 to 90 this way. Then i combine the Doc's for the section tests.

It is pretty rough though, maybe you guys can help me out. I am going to attempt to CLEP my last three classes I need for my degree: Humanities, Microeconomics, Accounting. If I fail any of these, is there something you would reccoment instead of Propero?
Vandalet Wrote:At least for the one I took, I think that I figured out the trick to the Propero courses. I did have some of the same issues as everyone else, but this was able to get me scores in the 80's on most tests. Each Lesson has a presentation, I pull up the text only version and copy/paste each slide inter a Word Doc. Then i can just search the Word doc for key phrases. about 3/4 of the questions were right from the lesson, the rest i searched the book for and was able to find a few, then guessed on a couple. Have gotten 80 to 90 this way. Then i combine the Doc's for the section tests. /QUOTE]

It is pretty rough though, maybe you guys can help me out. I am going to attempt to CLEP my last three classes I need for my degree: Humanities, Microeconomics, Accounting. If I fail any of these, is there something you would reccoment instead of Propero?

Good Info, thanks

I haven't taken any of them but I think Straighterline would be the next best plan for those. But stay positive.
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
(02-26-2013, 02:18 PM)Vandalet Wrote: Here is a copy of the "Gradebook" from the Critical Thinking course I am enrolled in now, no writing of proctored exams.  Maybe as people enroll they can post these so we can check them out.

did you have to do any written assignments

(02-26-2013, 02:18 PM)Vandalet Wrote: Here is a copy of the "Gradebook" from the Critical Thinking course I am enrolled in now, no writing of proctored exams.  Maybe as people enroll they can post these so we can check them out.

(02-28-2019, 09:36 PM)adrian04adrian@yahoo.com Wrote:

Considering you're resurrecting a nearly 6-year-old thread and Vandalet hasn't even logged into this forum in 2 years, I suspect that even if you get an answer, it may no longer be relevant. Courses are updated periodically so the requirements may be very different now than they were in 2013.  Undecided
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I randomly checked a few of these on ACE and they were current. I forgot all about Propero since the Alternative Credit Project went under. Is anyone still using Propero? $330 per course
(03-02-2019, 05:19 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I randomly checked a few of these on ACE and they were current.  I forgot all about Propero since the Alternative Credit Project went under.  Is anyone still using Propero? $330 per course

They have some CJ courses that are not available elsewhere, but that's probably it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,931 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 572 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 580 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,554 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77