Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Three -> B/M School
Making headway on a BSBA - Marketing through TESU and I got to wondering, has anyone had experience transitioning any of their credits via Sophia, ALEKS, Study.com, etc to a B/M school with the same degree of success as the Big Three?

I understand the cheaper option is the Big Three, but with some of the courses Arizona State and North Texas have been offering recently I'd like to know if there are "viable" B/M options which provide acceptance for the learn at your own pace courses.
(04-14-2020, 10:48 AM)MrWileyCoyote Wrote: Making headway on a BSBA - Marketing through TESU and I got to wondering, has anyone had experience transitioning any of their credits via Sophia, ALEKS, Study.com, etc to a B/M school with the same degree of success as the Big Three?

I understand the cheaper option is the Big Three, but with some of the courses Arizona State and North Texas have been offering recently I'd like to know if there are "viable" B/M options which provide acceptance for the learn at your own pace courses.

Yes for a variety of personal reasons I switched from the big 3 to a brick and morter school. Yes the big3 would have been cheaper and quicker but I had my reasons. There schools that accept ACE but it isnt as easy the big 3. Do you a school in mind?

Are you doing the brick and mortar school as brick and mortar or are you doing an online program at a brick and mortar?
(04-14-2020, 10:48 AM)MrWileyCoyote Wrote: Making headway on a BSBA - Marketing through TESU and I got to wondering, has anyone had experience transitioning any of their credits via Sophia, ALEKS, Study.com, etc to a B/M school with the same degree of success as the Big Three?

Most B/M schools will not accept UL courses from alt course providers, in fact I don't know any b/m and I don't believe anyone has posted any b/m school similar to the Big3.
Look at straighterline parter schools, study.com partner schools, sophia partner schools. I know some of those are brick and morter schools as well as online schools.
(04-14-2020, 11:34 AM)natshar Wrote:

Yes for a variety of personal reasons I switched from the big 3 to a brick and morter school. Yes the big3 would have been cheaper and quicker but I had my reasons. There schools that accept ACE but it isnt as easy the big 3. Do you a school in mind?

Are you doing the brick and mortar school as brick and mortar or are you doing an online program at a brick and mortar?

No particular school, it would be an online program from a B/M that I was questioning.
The Big 3 are the only ones that allow everything but their Cornerstone/Capstone transferred in through alternative means. Many other schools have a max transfer of 75%; however, having said that even more schools will require 50% or more credits taken at their school as they're "conservative traditional B&M institutions".

The only way to find out if your school is the one that will accept up to 75%, 50% or the vast majority who accept 25% is to ask the school, just a quick email will do, sometimes their website will even tell you if you search for ACE or alternative credit transfer... Good Luck and happy studies! (I suggest keeping at that BSBA TESU path).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,213 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Masters With What School? learningthehardway 43 3,869 08-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Kibo School Bsc Comp Sci? FrHaseKopf 2 708 07-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: FrHaseKopf
  Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits spencydub 17 2,603 12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Honestly looking for Easy/Casual School Unistic 35 5,019 11-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How different are capstones from school to school? suzycupcake 16 3,293 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Big 3 to Lawyer/Law School in CA - Feedback Requested slaterjack 10 3,263 03-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Which school, if any, would be best for applying to a top 20 grad school? cstobler 9 1,701 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student