Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Three - Best for Military Dependent?
Hey, guys! I know that TESU offers a generous discount to military dependents (spouses & children). I'm wondering if any of the other "big three" offer a similar discount (for dependents & not just for the service member)? Thanks for the info!
Well, I think I just answered my own question.

It looks like Excelsior offers their military discount to service members *and* their families. Hooray! Another good option. Smile http://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-financing/military
Coastline CC in Fountain Valley, CA also does for spouses?cheersmate

http://military.coastline.edu/
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Life Long Learning Wrote:Coastline CC in Fountain Valley, CA also does for spouses?cheersmate

http://military.coastline.edu/

Things might have changed, but when I was at Coastline last year the spouse price was lower than active duty. It was only $97 a credit hour while the active duty price was $250 a credit hour.
Wow! Go coastline!
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

There's actually a few, the Big 3, the Competency Based degree providers. The list goes on... start your studies now.
You should get started, don't think too much on the "pricing", as your degree will make that up for you once you get it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I bet that is by design?

The military will pay for the member (TA) and Vets have Post 9/11.

Spouse price will come out of pocket. I am glad Spouses get a benefit.:patriot:

nnahh Wrote:Things might have changed, but when I was at Coastline last year the spouse price was lower than active duty. It was only $97 a credit hour while the active duty price was $250 a credit hour.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Do you guys know if TESU has ever offered a discount on the residency waiver for military dependents?
Silly_Me Wrote:Do you guys know if TESU has ever offered a discount on the residency waiver for military dependents?

There is no residency waiver if you choose the military plan. If you choose not to do the military plan, then you pay the same prices as everyone else.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Life Long Learning Wrote:I bet that is by design?

The military will pay for the member (TA) and Vets have Post 9/11.

Spouse price will come out of pocket. I am glad Spouses get a benefit.:patriot:

I actually used the MyCAA spouse scholarship provided by the Army, so I paid nothing. It's available to all spouses (at least with Army it is). They pay up to $4000 towards an Associates degree or trade/ certificate. All spouses should take advantage of it if it's available. Trades are good options for those who already have degrees or those not interested in going back to "school." I've known people to get training for skills like photography and cosmetology using the scholarship too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,934 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,583 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,538 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,776 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,878 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,925 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,259 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,360 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DraftKings Partners With VetsinTech to Offer Free Coding Training to Ex-Military Memb decimon 0 2,092 06-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: decimon
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,780 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku