Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biology Everywhere: UC-Boulder/Coursera: $49/month and $80/credit hour
UC Boulder and Coursera have a specialization called Biology Everywhere that starts today.  It is composed of four courses.  The courses can be taken for free on Coursera.  However, the certificate track is $49 per month.  In addition, UC Boulder will award three graduate credit hours for completion of an additional honor's track.  These credits cost $80 per credit hour or $240.  I am not sure what the grad. credit prefix is.  Here are some links and the email that I received from the creator of the program: Dr. Melanie Peffer:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/biology-e...oundations

https://www.biologyeverywhere.com/

https://www.biologyeverywhere.com/about-2

"If you want to audit the course it's free - but you won't have access to the honors track assessments. Otherwise it's $49/month to have access to the full specialization and get a certificate at the end that you can display on your LinkedIn. Coursera does have financial aid available as well. For graduate credit, it's $80/credit (or $240 for all three credits that you would earn for completing the whole specialization)."
[-] The following 3 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • ARhead, nomaduser, ROYISAGIRL
It sounds like a good deal but I don't know where to use the graduate credits... too bad they're not giving any undergraduate credits.
Well, if the prefix is BIO, then it is possible to use the grad. credits as undergraduate upper level credits. At least that is how TESU took them when I attended.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • samiam
(09-05-2020, 01:04 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Well, if the prefix is BIO, then it is possible to use the grad. credits as undergraduate upper level credits.  At least that is how TESU took them when I attended.

Can you use any Graduated credits as a UL credit or is a special rule for it?
That's a good price for Upper Level credit at TESU. Much better than what they charge for even 1 credit. This can be applied to a BALS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm taking this course right now the only real issue I'm having is waiting for other people to finish their assignments so they can review my assignments and I can review theirs. It's a terrible waiting game lol.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 547 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,360 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  CU Boulder Masters on Coursera spohara 14 4,339 11-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: spohara
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,461 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Anyone Done/Thoughts Online Masters In ITM or IT (Coursera) From IIT sam98 5 1,062 09-22-2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Berkeley Coursera MAS-Engineering Jonathan Whatley 8 917 09-07-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 796 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  MBA Alt Credit joshua27 11 1,204 05-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77