Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beginning of the end of US excellence?
The S&P 500 has downgraded the US's credit rating from a AAA rating to a AA+ rating with a negative outlook. This means they believe that the credit worthiness of the United States is lower than many other first-world countries.

Is this the Post-American world that Obama was reading about in 2008?

Obama Holding The Post American World | News Patriot

I hope not. I still think the US is THE greatest country on the planet and a planet with less US influence is not a good thing.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Alan Simpson in May 2011

"We don’t have a plan. Germany has a plan, people might not like it. Great Britain has a plan, maybe they don’t like that, but they’ve got one. France has a plan. But we have no plan and that’s why Standard & Poor's said that if you continue this with no plan, we’re going to lower your rating. Now that's not just romancing and dancing, that’s what they intend to do because they will see that we don't have that cuts or the courage, or any kind of common sense to at least get a plan in place. Even even though you don't put teeth in it right now, get a plan."

Interview here Interview with Former US Senator Alan Simpson | James J Puplava CFP | FINANCIAL SENSE

"If you can't compromise on anything, go home," Simpson said. "If you can't learn to compromise on an issue without compromising yourself, then you shouldn't be a legislator."

Alan Simpson: If Lawmakers Can't Compromise, They Should 'Go Home' : The Two-Way : NPR

"But I mean, if we're all just going to sit here and say “go screw that guy but don't touch me,” it's over. It's been a nice run, but it's over. The run is over. We won't disappear, we'll just be a lesser country."

America's Moment of Truth with Former US Senator Alan Simpson The wakeup call—will anyone listen? | James J Puplava CFP | FINANCIAL SENSE
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it