Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottega U vs UofPeople - BS Computer Science
I am aware of the difference. Employers do not actually care. My employer doesn't care. Most don't even care anymore if you don't have one.

In the 45 seconds a hiring manager is going to look at a resume, this:

B.S. Computer Science, Business - Bottega University

is going to stick out more then this

Bachelor of Professional Studies - Purdue University Global

A C.S. degree the doesn't require Calculus is fine by me. 

The benefit at this point in my career of  a degree is it tacks on 5+ years experience for what an employer counts as experience. If my employer is paying for it, they are going to count it.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
In that case, a Bottega degree might work for you. But I wouldn't expect to be able to transfer in 90 credits. It looks similar to WGU in that you are allowed to transfer in 90 credits in theory but, in practice, there aren't accepted equivalents for a good portion of what you need to take.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • xicovu
(06-23-2021, 03:20 PM)rachel83az Wrote: In that case, a Bottega degree might work for you. But I wouldn't expect to be able to transfer in 90 credits. It looks similar to WGU in that you are allowed to transfer in 90 credits in theory but, in practice, there aren't accepted equivalents for a good portion of what you need to take.

Appreciate you watching out Smile One situation I'm running into is I can get an employer to pay for credit, but not ACE credit sources. I'm trying to find somewhere that is relatively easy to get credit at. 

There is no way in hell I can cram like a lot of the folks do on this forum, so Bottega's limits on credits isn't an issue for me.

Anyone have experience with Bottega's easiness level?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
(06-23-2021, 03:16 PM)xicovu Wrote: I am aware of the difference. Employers do not actually care. My employer doesn't care. Most don't even care anymore if you don't have one.

In the 45 seconds a hiring manager is going to look at a resume, this:

B.S. Computer Science, Business - Bottega University

is going to stick out more then this

Bachelor of Professional Studies - Purdue University Global

99.99% accurate. (45 seconds is QUITE generous, but maybe it's a slow day at the office.)
Not to take this thread off topic, but I'm at Bottega now and the struggle is real, at least for the MBA program. Bottega is NA accredited. There are discussions for most classes that's 10 percent of overall grade, a progression exam that's usually another 10% and then there's a project usually 40% and a final exam 40%. I just took my first final recently and it was proctored and it was 5 questions in paragraph form and I had to respond in writing. Some of the questions on the exam had nothing to do with the content of the units and I'm pretty sure I failed though I haven't obtained a grade back yet as some questions weren't germane to the what we specifically studied in that particular course, some of the links thoughout the modules didn't work, and so on. I don't know how the rest of the semester will go, but I'd look into alternative options. I know I am, but I'm not sure where I can go for an MBA that will allow me to complete it online not being stateside.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
Haha, sounds exactly like the old Patten setup. Not too surprising since they once were owned by the same parent company. Sorry you're suffering through it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Actually, the Patten/ JFKU exams (I went there too), were usually 50 questions each course, with two attempts to get a high score. I finished 5 courses at Patten/JFKU and it went fine. The Bottega ones are, thus far, 5 random questions, that need to be responded on in paragraph form and are brutal. In fact, I chose Bottega knowing they were owned by the same company as Patten/JFKU, that was part of the appeal. I guess I'll let ya'll know how the end of the semester goes.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Sorry, yeah that setup is different, but I was speaking to the comments like "Some of the questions on the exam had nothing to do with the content of the units." I ran into that problem repeatedly during my time at Patten.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Ahhh I see what you mean, now. My bad! By the way, how's your GA Tech degree coming? I love that campus, and GA is my home state.

The good thing about Patten though is if you had 50 questions and didn't know the answer to a few, you could still recover. But 5 essay questions over a strict topic? Yikes. We'll see how this semester goes. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to look into another MBA program.
I finished the GT degree early last month! It was an interesting program, a little rough around the edges but overall I am very happy with it. It needs to mature a bit, but I knew going in as the first cohort I would see some growing pains.

I've never been to GA, but I hope to visit the campus and walk for my grad in Dec. I could have in May, but there was still a lot of pandemic uncertainty so I put it off temporarily. I'm excited to see Atlanta and the campus.

Very true regarding the 5 questions. That's a really bizarre system. Good luck!

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IIT Guwahati BSc in Data Science & AI on Coursera Tomas 3 634 07-21-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Places to park electronics + computer PLA credits (BOG AAS + TESU AAS) xicovu 17 1,523 09-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  UMGC or SNHU Computer Science program. coryjunior19 8 4,352 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786
Information New ASU EA Course: BIO 130 Intro to Environmental Science MNomadic 8 1,485 06-09-2022, 11:35 PM
Last Post: jch
  PennWest California AS Technical Studies & BS Science & Technology Multidisciplinary Jonathan Whatley 7 1,210 03-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Self-paced science prerequisites, standalone labs sanantone 7 1,417 09-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fundamentals of computer science RA credit course? nomaduser 6 1,396 01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Physical Science Lab, do I need lab??? tls7291 4 1,169 05-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore