Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottega University: The Congress of Future Medical Leaders
So, I was reviewing Bottega University's programs and came across their "About Us, Partner Affiliations" link.  They still have the partnership with several NA/RA institutions and StraighterLine since they purchased New Charter U.  Link: https://bottega.edu/partner-affiliations/  But, I noticed a link to "The Congresses": Link: https://bottega.edu/congresses/

Basically, I did a check on this online using Reddit, some other resources, and there have been many negative reviews, it's not worth the money they charge for this offering of 1 NA credit and it cost more than expected as it required people to physically attend the congress.  This year however, it's virtual, and at $275, I still think it's over priced for a piece of somewhat useless paper. 

Having said that, if you can get the full scholarship, why not right?!  I mean, you're getting 1 free NA credit and somewhat of an "ego boost".  BTW, this is for High School students with a 3.25 GPA or higher.  Their congress site looks pretty good, especially the testimonials with people and their "picture": https://www.futuredocs.com/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Terrible name. It sounds like you got credit from the corner store. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bodega
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • harrypotter, jch, Johann
Yep. Sounds like a college where dangerous-looking dudes hang around the halls drinking 40s of malt liquor.

The original meaning of "bottega" (Italian) was the studio of a major artist, where lesser artists and apprentices also worked. I think bottega, bodega and boutique share a common root (storehouse, studio/workshop) and "Bottega" is sometimes used in the name of upscale, Italian-influenced stores, just like the French "Boutique." Still not something I'd use for a college, but I'll likely never have to make that choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • rachel83az
LOL, yeah, the name is a little different to say the least. I remember the first time, I thought it was Bogetta and thought it was some Italian food or pasta!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-10-2021, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, yeah, the name is a little different to say the least.  I remember the first time, I thought it was Bogetta and thought it was some Italian food or pasta!

Uh - yes, I remember you asking for marinara sauce. But, er... you and I went to um... different schools. (Just kidding, Bryan!)  Smile Couldn't resist!
I actually think this name "Bottega" is WORSE than their old name New Charter. A lot worse. Bottega sounds like a brand of noodles. They are just lost when it comes to naming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az
I did a research and they have a FULLSTACK programming course of 17 credits and ACE accredited check this link.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a310177

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(06-10-2021, 05:33 PM)gams007 Wrote: I did a research and they have a FULLSTACK programming course of 17 credits and ACE accredited check this link.

It's actually a certificate. The certificate consists of 5 courses. Each course costs $500.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(06-10-2021, 05:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 05:33 PM)gams007 Wrote: I did a research and they have a FULLSTACK programming course of 17 credits and ACE accredited check this link.

It's actually a certificate. The certificate consists of 5 courses. Each course costs $500.

Well its to expensive...

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Yup. If it were RA credits, it wouldn't be too bad. But ACE credits? There are cheaper options than paying almost $150/credit.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 222 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,611 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,549 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,935 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 597 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,605 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,487 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff