Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bragging - Degree Completion
Hello Everyone,

I'd say I hate to brag, but I'd be lying.  This morning I successfully completed the capstone course and applied for graduation.  Now it's just a matter of time for the WGU records department to process everything and I will have my BS in Network Operations and Security!  Now on to my next degree.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(11-20-2019, 03:13 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I'd say I hate to brag, but I'd be lying.  This morning I successfully completed the capstone course and applied for graduation.  Now it's just a matter of time for the WGU records department to process everything and I will have my BS in Network Operations and Security!  Now on to my next degree.
Congrats!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • jamshid666
Hey good for you! Congrats!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Congrats! All the best forward!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Awesome, congrats!

A good thing about WGU is how quickly they process your grad app, and you don't have to wait until commencement like TESU or other schools.

My grad app was processed in a day or two, and my grad date was immediately effective (not waiting until a quarterly or annual etc commencement date like I had to do at TESU and my CC).

Great work, and good luck with your future plans and goals (educational and otherwise)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Congratulations! It has been great watching you complete this goal.
Congrats!! Great work! Smile
TESU BSBA in Marketing (2018)
Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(11-20-2019, 06:34 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.

And this was your first B?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 259 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 599 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 282 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 841 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,225 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,817 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74