Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bragging - Degree Completion
(11-21-2019, 12:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, all 24cr must be new - so the capstone, plus 7 3cr courses.  If you have to retake something, you can as well.  So let's say you'd already taken Macroecon and just loved it (haha).  Well, you can take it again to "renew" your credits.

And, the cornerstone IS waived for 2nd bachelor's degree students.

Definitely not regarding macroeconomics, I'm struggling to get through it the first time.  The material itself is easy, it's just terribly dull even with SDC's normally entertaining videos.  But, there are enough options that I can take new classes that I haven't tried before from SDC that won't duplicate any of my previous credits but will still fill the required slots to earn the degree.  Since I can take up to five exams per month with SDC, it won't impact my schedule if I have to take additional courses, especially since I'm over 50% completion with most business courses at SDC due to quiz overlapping.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(11-20-2019, 08:31 PM)natshar Wrote: You mentioned this in a previous thread. This is why I suggested you added a second AOS to the BSBA that would bring you up to 24 credits.

As stated, you must earn 24 new credits after the conferral the first degree and they must be in the AOS. All gen eds and free electives are waived. TESU is very strict about this policy. Once they get the transcripts showing your WGU complete you must have 24 new credits after this, which might mean you have to re do courses.

Doing a second AOS would eliminate this problem and you would still only to take one capstone. I suggest a CIS AOS because of your interest and knowledge in computers. That would be easy to do via SDC and I believe the free TEEX count towards this AOS as well.

(11-21-2019, 12:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, all 24cr must be new - so the capstone, plus 7 3cr courses.  If you have to retake something, you can as well.  So let's say you'd already taken Macroecon and just loved it (haha).  Well, you can take it again to "renew" your credits.

And, the cornerstone IS waived for 2nd bachelor's degree students.

I would like to get a clarification from natshar and dfrecore.

For the 24 new credits, I should get that after the conferral of the first degree.

This is my situation.
I am a student with foreign credits on Business Administration..
But since my field of work is in IT and i got CompTIA certs, I decided to go with WGU and 50 of my General Education foreign credits and certs was credited on a BS Network Operations Security degree. Which I will have 50/122.

My Business Administration foreign credits will not be applied on my BSNOS degree since its irrelevant. I have a potential of 30 foreign business credits that is equivalent to a TESU BSBA courses.

So lets say I finished my BSNOS degree then I decided to get a second Bachelors degree in BSBA at TESU. Would I forfeit my 30 Business foreign credits at TESU? Do I need to take fresh 24 new credits?
Yes, the foreign credits are from before the WGU completion, so they are not new. They need to be earned after completion, even if you didn't use them in your first degree.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-21-2019, 12:55 AM)jsd Wrote: Yes, the foreign credits are from before the WGU completion, so they are not new. They need to be earned after completion, even if you didn't use them in your first degree.

Thank you very much for the clarification JSD.
It's a bummer that 30 of my business credits will go to waste.
Now I won't be taking the free TEEX Cyber courses and CSM until I graduate at WGU. I might be able to use it as free electives or AOS when I decided for a 2nd degree at TESU. Or might as well take an MBA instead.
Congrats. Brag away. You are entitled.
MS ABA
BA.LSSS & AA.G Graduation June 2020
B&M: 65 / SL(30) / Institute (UL)(2) / CSMLearn(3) / Sophia (2) / TEEX (11) / Coopersmith UL(12) / SDC(6) TESU(6)
Woot woot!!!!! This is the kind of brag I love to see
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Congrats! I just completed my MBA @ WGU last week. Waiting on the diploma now. Smile

Do you plan to attend any of the upcoming commencements? I am considering walking in Anaheim in May.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • alab21
(11-21-2019, 03:07 PM)Merlin Wrote: Congrats! I just completed my MBA @ WGU last week. Waiting on the diploma now. Smile

Do you plan to attend any of the upcoming commencements? I am considering walking in Anaheim in May.

I really wanted to do Orlando.  Unfortunately, for the first time in years, WGU isn't doing Orlando in 2020.  So, since I live in North Carolina, I will likely attend the one in Charlotte in March.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
Congrats jamshid666! Congrats Merlin! Wow, so fast and you guys are done with your degrees...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-21-2019, 03:07 PM)Merlin Wrote: Congrats! I just completed my MBA @ WGU last week. Waiting on the diploma now. Smile

Congrats @jamshid666

Congrats @Merlin - There seems to be a large part of this community based in SoCal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 375 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader