Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bsba tesc
Collegelady2 Wrote:Synicaal is the BSBA in accounting 100% test outable? Maybe I will do finance and accounting double major?

Depending on your definition of test outable yes.

Synicaal's BSBA - Accounting - 2017 Catalog | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

As long as you take and pass the Strategic Management TECEP for June you can test out of it. The only "odd ball" course is Intermediate Accounting II right now. However, study.com is working on getting there Intermediate Accounting I and II ACE Approved so they should be good in the very near future. Right now options for it is Penn Foster or a Class.

Special Note: I don't recommend testing out of Accounting if you ultimate goal is to go into accounting.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Collegelady2 Wrote:Is it going to look any differently if I had alot of classes that I failed in past because I failed to go to class?
TESU won't care. The only people who would care would be a future grad school you applied to and they would insist on getting that old transcript whether you use the credits now or not. In truth, whatever you did years ago says very little about what kind of student you are now. Don't sweat it, and use the credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:TESU won't care. The only people who would care would be a future grad school you applied to and they would insist on getting that old transcript whether you use the credits now or not. In truth, whatever you did years ago says very little about what kind of student you are now. Don't sweat it, and use the credits.

Have no desire to go to grad school so guess I'm good there!
Didn't you test out of accounting? Why don't you recommend it?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Didn't you test out of accounting? Why don't you recommend it?

Many people would rather take the course to learn the material more than just "testing" the course for quick credits.
BTW, These are the following that are fully testable. Easiest being General Management, then Accounting/Marketing.

General Management: Sanantone's TESU BSBA in General Management After July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Marketing: Sanantone's BSBA in Marketing post-July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Accounting: Sanantone's BSBA in Accounting post-July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

CIS: Sanantone's BSBA in Computer Information Systems post-July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
HRM/Organizational: Sanantone's BSBA in Human Resources Management/Organizational Management post-July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Many people would rather take the course to learn the material more than just "testing" the course for quick credits.
BTW, These are the following that are fully testable. Easiest being General Management, then Accounting/Marketing.

It's more than that. Some folks feel that the alternative credits in accounting aren't sufficient to prepare folks for accounting jobs or future coursework/degrees in accounting. In particular, some folks have complained that study.com is not college level.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Well got transcripts from 2 of the schools requested today finally got ahold of the other school they are suppossed to get me computer access in the morning so I can log into the account to request the transcript been working on aleks all afternoon. Also submitted my app for TESU
Only 21% of the way done with college algebra this is going to take me forever!
Collegelady2 Wrote:Only 21% of the way done with college algebra this is going to take me forever!

My recommendation. Don't look at the pie, review the homework and get through a few pieces of the pie at a time.
Request an assessment if you have a few portions of the pie. Get the mind working again, it'll come back to you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Collegelady2 Wrote:Didn't you test out of accounting? Why don't you recommend it?

I did not test out of accounting (fully)

I took Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting, Accounting Computerized Systems, Federal Income Taxation, and Intermediate Accounting II all at a CC. I did test out of the UL but that's mostly because I took the LL version of the course already so its really not different.

22 Credits in Accounting the traditional way
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,356 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,013 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  UW - First Competency-Based BSBA at AACSB School sanantone 0 1,100 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,456 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Question Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit? SCYankee 13 3,142 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,437 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,558 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  BSBA COSC UL Courses - HELP PLEASE jthatcher50 1 1,173 02-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Requesting Help With BSBA GM - Want To Finish For September Graduation Lewis.Yim 19 8,508 11-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  BSBA Assistance Frogsear 3 1,165 11-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: quigongene