Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullying in College , What do I do next?
I read your post earlier tonight.  After that I received an email that I was late completing the online title IX training at my institution (I'm a full-time professor).

I completed the training one minute ago and it is abundantly clear that you are experiencing harassment and stalking as defined and prohibited by Title IX.

The next thing you should do is identify the Title IX coordinator and contact him or her and/or the campus or local police.
(02-25-2019, 10:28 PM)cannoda Wrote: I read your post earlier tonight.  After that I received an email that I was late completing the online title IX training at my institution (I'm a full-time professor).

I completed the training one minute ago and it is abundantly clear that you are experiencing harassment and stalking as defined and prohibited by  Title IX.

The next thing you should do is identify the Title IX coordinator and contact him or her and/or the campus or local police.

I did but they said that it wasn't criminal.
(02-26-2019, 12:19 AM)2L8 Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 10:28 PM)cannoda Wrote: I read your post earlier tonight.  After that I received an email that I was late completing the online title IX training at my institution (I'm a full-time professor).

I completed the training one minute ago and it is abundantly clear that you are experiencing harassment and stalking as defined and prohibited by  Title IX.

I did but they said that it wasn't criminal.

Title IX has to do with the school specifically, so if this professor is telling you that it's prohibited, then you need to find the right person at the school to file a report with.

Criminal is more to do with the local police.  I would probably go back and tell them that you have a stalker, and ask if there are any laws that can protect someone who is being stalked and harassed.

I might also start to carry concealed if you can.  Definitely think about mace, pepper spray, or a taser - including getting training on how to use them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
I know how it feels. I am in a similar situation now. I just decided to go to another school.. Sad
annagill60ja Wrote:I know how it feels. I am in a similar situation now. I just decided to go to another school.. Sad

That's one way of doing things, another is to take online courses at the same school if they offer it. If you are interested in a particular program and that school has that offered, you can see if they offer an online version. If not, then you can try and find another school with a similar program that has an online offering.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-22-2019, 10:43 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 10:20 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: I would say to talk to the school about switching class sections if it is an in-person class. If the students are forced to switch classes they will still know your section and can come back to harrass you. If you switch sections then they won't know your schedule... problem solved.

Sorry but I don't think that would solve the problem. Harassers and bullies aren't thwarted by a simple changing of schedules. Depending on campus size, it's still very probable that they may run into each other. It's also probable that an irrational bully may seek their desired victims out and find them wherever they are(not hard these days especially with Facebook).

Switching courses would be a bandaid. There should probably be some kind of intervention from an authority such as the school or law enforcement, so that the perpetrator understands that continued transgressions will result in actions from the school and can potentially escalate to legal actions. 

Also, you could probably read here some information about bullying, it will probably help you better cope with it. There is a lot of useful ideas https://samploon.com/free-essays/cause-a...-bullying/ about bullying. It's something you should not tolerate. These are not your friends if they bully you. Stop interacting with them.

Record what you can, document or write down anything else that has already happened or that you are unable to record. If you need to build any kind of case, even if informal, it will be much easier to have it documented or recorded.

Try to surround yourself with friends. If they're cyber bullying/stalking, block them, raise privacy settings and avoid social media. 

I don't know the situation but you shouldn't have to tolerate that.

This is exactly what any person should do. Just get rid of these bad persons (avoid them)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,452 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 516 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 697 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,079 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Tour Alpha 0 563 12-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Biden free college a reality? Seagull 45 4,047 04-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore