Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bummer!
Sad I failed my first test. I just got my DSST scores back. I passed Principals of Supervision and FAILED Money and Banking by 2 points. I had one test in reserve in case I failed one. I can replace the Money and Banking with Intro to Business. If I fail even one more test I will have to take another class as I have taken every business exam offered by ECE, CLEP and DSST. This will delay my degree by 3 months. The worst part is...I am not really confident in the Info Management System DSST I took last week! Send me good vibes you guys! This sucks but it was really my fault....Live and Learn....right? Cool
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:Sad I failed my first test. I just got my DSST scores back. I passed Principals of Supervision and FAILED Money and Banking by 2 points. I had one test in reserve in case I failed one. I can replace the Money and Banking with Intro to Business. If I fail even one more test I will have to take another class as I have taken every business exam offered by ECE, CLEP and DSST. This will delay my degree by 3 months. The worst part is...I am not really confident in the Info Management System DSST I took last week! Send me good vibes you guys! This sucks but it was really my fault....Live and Learn....right? Cool
that really is a bummer - just by two points! i don't know how you are keeping this schedule up, it's a killer.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Aaaw Tampalizard,

Sorry to hear that. But don't kick yourself too hard, Money & Banking is considered by most people to be the hardest of all the DANTES exams.

The good news is that Intro to Business is definitely an exam that many people would consider "easy".

If you don't already own the book, please go to the following web site and download "The DSST Official Test Preparation Guide" (seventh book down...it's FREE!):

http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.asp

It contains a whole section devoted to Intro to Business, including study material and mock exams. It is extremely helpful! This, in combination with Instantcert, is more than enough to do well on this exam.

You'll do great!

Good luck Tampa,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Girl I failed it too! I feel ya pain. It really IS a hard test.

I'm quite sure you'll do just fine on the others! Here's some good, test-passing mojo for you.

Cool
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
tampalizard Wrote:Sad I failed my first test. I just got my DSST scores back. I passed Principals of Supervision and FAILED Money and Banking by 2 points. I had one test in reserve in case I failed one. I can replace the Money and Banking with Intro to Business. If I fail even one more test I will have to take another class as I have taken every business exam offered by ECE, CLEP and DSST. This will delay my degree by 3 months. The worst part is...I am not really confident in the Info Management System DSST I took last week! Send me good vibes you guys! This sucks but it was really my fault....Live and Learn....right? Cool

[SIZE="3"]Trust me here it doesn't pay to get yourself all out balance over one exam. It sucks, I know from my most recent experience but I shot that horse and got a better one and will seek perfection and endevour to excel on the next one. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Trust me here it doesn't pay to get yourself all out balance over one exam. It sucks, I know from my most recent experience but I shot that horse and got a better one and will seek perfection and endevour to excel on the next one. GOOD LUCK!!

Well Said Oh Wise One !!!

And condolences tampalizard...I am saving the Finance and Money/Banking for very last since I know going in that they are both tough and I will have to focus to pass. These two are my demons.

I took Finance back in the 80's and finished with an A, but it was without a doubt the toughest course I have ever taken (with the exception of some of those pesky math courses).

Money and Banking ranks right up there with Finance. I admire your courage to tackle it head on...I have not had the guts to go at it yet, but will have to cross that line sometime this year. :eek::confused:

LET LEARNING, FAILING AND SUCCEEDING CONTINUE UNABATED Big Grin
charlie130
Gradual Student

Enrolled: Excelsior BS MIS - Credits to date: 121
[Traditional Classes: 75, CLEP: 15, DSST 06, CERTS (IT): 25]
Cumulative GPA 3.8 - Concentration GPA 4.0
View my Exam Results at, "Post Your Test Results" Thread
Page 48/#303

Remaining tests:
DSSTs
09.06 Org Behav
10.06 Ethics
11.06 Finance

MBA is next educational goal.Smile
Do not worry about it. Start studing today for your next test make the app. and go take the test and kick butt.
Good Luck,
Chet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PITT is a bummer.... killerkitty 5 1,037 12-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Last Post: TMW2010