Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Communication Issues
Is it just me or does TESU have some serious inter-communication issues?
(11-11-2020, 02:32 PM)ashkir Wrote: Is it just me or does TESU have some serious inter-communication issues?

That's the norm there, been that way forever (at least 10 years).  I don't think it's gotten any better since I've been on this forum. Not even a little bit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-11-2020, 02:32 PM)ashkir Wrote: Is it just me or does TESU have some serious inter-communication issues?

Many colleges kind of are the pits when it comes to communication. Some were better before COVID. Some have always just been sucky. Then there's the ones who won't leave you alone. It's like there's no happy middle of the road. I have one who calls me weekly and I haven't responded to them in over 6 months. They still call every week and email me almost daily. Unsubscribing from their mailing list did not help.
It depends on what you need. When I did my PLA portfolio they usually only took 24hrs to respond. Academic advising is a hit or miss. The guy I work with the most responses pretty quickly, but that could be because I use that fast pass number.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Communication with TESU has been good for me once you understand the system.   One thing I noticed is they don't tend to "offer" information to help with degree planning.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-11-2020, 03:22 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: It depends on what you need. When I did my PLA portfolio they usually only took 24hrs to respond. Academic advising is a hit or miss.  The guy I work with the most responses pretty quickly, but that could be because I  use that fast pass number.

What is the "fast pass number?"

Also, my sons person @ TESU likes emails.  He prefers to have proof of everything.  They have spoken to him on the phone when they scheduled an appt., but it is almost like he is afraid to say anything until he totally checks it out and gets back to you.  There was another man that was calling us weekly, and he seemed very nice.  However, when they scheduled an appt. apparently they assigned this man now.
(11-11-2020, 05:32 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 03:22 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: It depends on what you need. When I did my PLA portfolio they usually only took 24hrs to respond. Academic advising is a hit or miss.  The guy I work with the most responses pretty quickly, but that could be because I  use that fast pass number.

What is the "fast pass number?"

Also, my sons person @ TESU likes emails.  He prefers to have proof of everything.  I have spoken to him on the phone when i scheduled an appt., but it is almost like he is afraid to say anything until he totally checks it out and gets back to you.  There was another man that was calling us weekly, and he seemed very nice.  However, when i scheduled an appt. we apparently they assigned this man now.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/advisement

It's the advising expressline. I'm not sure if they take turns on this, but the 3 or 4 times I used it, I always got the same guy. He was very thorough with answering questions and when he didn't know the answer he'd always email me within 48hrs with the answer.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,357 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 283 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27