Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Analytics :-/
This course is giving me a headache!
Just wanted to share a note posted by a class mate. I feel relieved that I'm not the only one frustrated by the tedious assignments. Aleks stats courses REALLY prepared me for this class!
Hilarious! !

"This assignment is BS...
Tell me you read every piece of data and show me in a pie chart....I have significant things going on and i guarantee you can't quantify them in a histogram!! this is absurd what you're asking us to do generically and to be able to read through them all and assign a grade is laughable."
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
Yikes! I don't think I'd have the guts to post that myself, as I'd want to pass the class...But always hilarious to see someone else do it instead!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Yikes! I don't think I'd have the guts to post that myself, as I'd want to pass the class...But always hilarious to see someone else do it instead!

Right! This was not the smartest thing to post in a discussion forum. We all are probably thinking it - but since I want to pass the class I don't argue the point. One student referred to the assignments as a farce and even went so far as to post it in big bold letters on the discussion board. Who knew stats made people so angry.. ! 5 weeks to go...counting down :willynilly:
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
futuremrsmlb Wrote:Right! This was not the smartest thing to post in a discussion forum. We all are probably thinking it - but since I want to pass the class I don't argue the point. One student referred to the assignments as a farce and even went so far as to post it in big bold letters on the discussion board. Who knew stats made people so angry.. ! 5 weeks to go...counting down :willynilly:

hilarious That must have been some strange yet simple set of assignments. If it's an easy pass, I personally won't worry about it or let it bother me.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:hilarious That must have been some strange yet simple set of assignments. If it's an easy pass, I personally won't worry about it or let it bother me.

Unfortunately, it is no easy pass. There are 46 students in the class. The instructor started off Unit 1 by telling us the pass rate for the course is not very high. There are students in the course who have never taken a stats course and have no clue what they are doing. We are on Unit 2 of 6 and I have completed assignments for Unit 1-4 so far.
This is not busy work. You really gotta know stats and how to interpret the data to attempt the assignments. Since I was able to use ALEKS, it makes it easier for me. Plus, it helps that I am a self taught learner. However, I can see why so many students are complaining; it is a very fast paced course. We cover several chapters per unit with little to no interaction with the professor. So if stats is new to you - you are screwed. Plan and simple.

Just ready for it to be over ! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 628 04-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 209 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,235 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,330 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  ENEB Master in Business and Corporate Communication Habitus 5 1,079 12-05-2023, 08:48 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  MS Data Analytics vs MS Data Science smartdegree 10 1,412 11-27-2023, 05:22 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Completion programs for Business Heartstrings 4 482 10-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MS in Enterprise Analytics from Amberton? buttercup5000 5 489 10-01-2023, 10:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New WUSTL Online Master of Data Analytics - $36K smartdegree 4 531 08-30-2023, 01:14 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Duke University's Fuqua School of Business MSQM:BA ThatBankDude 18 4,932 08-13-2023, 11:36 PM
Last Post: AlvinG