Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Degree Plan Help
What kind of degree do you want?: General Business (or whatever business degree you can test out of the fastest)
Current Regional Accredited Credits:

Local Community College: 9 credits
BAS*160: Introduction to Business
Credits: 3 Credits
A
BAS*120: Personal Finance
A
CIT*155: Web Page Development
A

A Private University: 9 credits 
CPS*122: Beginning Business Computer Ap
A
HIS*101: World History I
A
HCP*201: Developmental Psychology
A

Another University (in the process): 9 credits 
BBA*295-301: Business Communication
A
NUTR*101-303: Nutrition and Well Being
A
SPA*101-303: Spanish Lang & Culture I
A

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:
CLEP Principles of Management - 64
AP Environmental Science - 3

Total Credits: 33

No certifications 

Budget: I have up to $7K in assets. I can pull money from it at any time. I'd like to go the cheapest and fastest route possible for my degree. 
Commitments: None, just a college student. 
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed throughout the week and weekends. 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish end of Spring 2022 or earlier. 
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: FASFA is covering my semester’s tuition currently. 

I tried CLEP recently and I like it. I prefer testing out but I don’t mind other routes, except for essays I hate them. I just want to have a degree plan that will help me graduate with a business-related degree in the cheapest and fastest way.
Cheapest and fastest would be UMPI. BUT, that would require writing essays/papers, which you've said that you don't want to do. Next cheapest Excelsior, but they require 30 UL credits and (IIRC) they don't make it easy to obtain one of their business degrees. I remember ss20ts tried Excelsior before eventually settling on UMPI.

Finally, there is TESU. If you do a 16-credit-term, it should be right around $7k. You have (or will have) 21 RA credits already, which means that you will wind up with 37 RA credits after the 16-credit term, which is great. The reasons why you'd want to do a 16-credit term are explained here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...#Residency You could also do 2 9-credit terms, to get FAFSA to pay for more of your tuition, but that might not be the best option for you since you want to avoid essays. You would have to find courses with few/no papers.

For your 16-credit term, you'd want to do the capstone, the cornerstone, PLA-100, 2 ePacks, and 1 easy course. You can see the courses, for syllabus requirements, here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listall.php ePacks are pass/fail exams that cost as much as full-price courses while also counting for residency. You can see a list of them here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP

Once you've decided which courses/ePacks you'll take from TESU, you'll need to start a spreadsheet so you know what's left. Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap to see suggestions for gen eds. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...re_Roadmap is for the core business requirements that all business degrees require. If you just want a generic business degree, you can see suggested courses here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan but there are other concentrations/Areas of Study that you might prefer. Check out the first roadmap link to see all of the various BSBA degrees that are available. I would strongly recommend something aside from General Management, if possible, for a better resume in the future. I think you could mostly/entirely test out of Operations Management. Marketing would require 2 Study.com courses with papers/projects.

For you, I would prioritize Sophia courses with 2 or fewer Touchstones (see https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List ) because they will be faster and easier than studying for CLEP exams. If there are any CLEP exams that you think you can pass without study, you can take those for FREE with ModernStates. After Sophia & CLEP, fill in Davar courses. Davar courses are almost entirely multiple choice exams, though they sometimes have a couple of "essay questions" in the exams that require 1-5 sentence answers. They're not looking for actual essays, just a statement showing you're familiar with the concept(s). Whatever's left, you should be able to fill in with CSM Learn (the entire course is essentially one long exam; you can start/stop studying it at any time) and LL Study.com courses. UL Study.com courses require at least one paper or project to pass.

Once you've filled out your spreadsheet, come back here and we can tell you if there is anything that needs to be changed or moved around.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • carrythenothing, FastTrackDegree
rachel83az's post is great advice, but your age will prevent you from getting a degree at those schools for at least a couple more years.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-27-2022, 06:52 AM)carrythenothing Wrote: rachel83az's post is great advice, but your age will prevent you from getting a degree at those schools for at least a couple more years.

True, TESU does require you to be at least 18 to enroll. But one can accumulate credits in the meantime.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • carrythenothing, FastTrackDegree
UMPI requires students to be at least 20 years old so the OP will have to wait 4 years for an UMPI degree.
Purdue Global might work. "Be at least 18 years of age. If you are at least 16 years of age and meet all other criteria, you may seek the approval of the Dean of the school you wish to enter. "

And maybe WGU?
Basically, I would go the COSC or Excelsior route instead, plus get the associates along with the Bachelors. You have 27 RA credits, you just need to take the cornerstone/capstone at COSC and transfer all the other courses over through ACE sources that they allow. Excelsior would be easier but slightly more expensive, either of them would be much cheaper than 7K!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(04-27-2022, 11:27 AM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Purdue Global might work.  "Be at least 18 years of age. If you are at least 16 years of age and meet all other criteria, you may seek the approval of the Dean of the school you wish to enter. "

And maybe WGU?

Purdue Global definitely would not work! It's pretty much nothing BUT papers. I think that WGU has more exams, but still a non-zero number of papers for business majors.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(04-27-2022, 12:25 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Purdue Global definitely would not work! It's pretty much nothing BUT papers. I think that WGU has more exams, but still a non-zero number of papers for business majors.

I have yet to see a business degree program that is zero papers. UL courses in most majors have papers even on Study.com and Sophia there are papers. Capstones are papers. TESU and Excelsior have their cornerstones and capstones which are papers. Being able to write is a necessary skill especially in the business world. If the OP wants to go to grad school in the future they need to be able to write and write well. Grad school is mostly papers and few exams. 

PUG is definitely a lot of papers but you do develop your writing and research skills!
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, jsd
(04-27-2022, 12:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 12:25 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Purdue Global definitely would not work! It's pretty much nothing BUT papers. I think that WGU has more exams, but still a non-zero number of papers for business majors.

I have yet to see a business degree program that is zero papers. UL courses in most majors have papers even on Study.com and Sophia there are papers. Capstones are papers. TESU and Excelsior have their cornerstones and capstones which are papers. Being able to write is a necessary skill especially in the business world. If the OP wants to go to grad school in the future they need to be able to write and write well. Grad school is mostly papers and few exams. 

PUG is definitely a lot of papers but you do develop your writing and research skills!

TESU can be almost zero papers. The exception being the exception of the capstone & cornerstone. 

AFAIK, Excelsior would require quite a bit more than that simply due to the number of UL credits that are required. I think some of these would have to come from SDC and SDC can have multiple papers/assignments per course.

If one is aiming for as few papers as possible, TESU would probably be the way to go. Excelsior could wind up costing the same as TESU, or possibly slightly more, if one isn't able to write papers very quickly.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 18 191 1 minute ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 104 1 hour ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 258 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,845 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 279 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 557 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower