Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Electives for TESC
Hi everyone! I'm down to 7 classes/exams left with the last one being a business elective. I am unsure of what to use for this spot.

One of the areas I can choose from is "computer applications". Computer
apps usually always come easy for me so I am thinking this would be the best solution.

From what I can tell TESC doesn't offer any computer apps courses. Any suggestions on where I could take one online that would count for those credits?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Rachael
Here's what I used to fulfill those 9 credits:
Principles of Supervision
Business Mathematics
Introduction to Business

(Business Electives (9sh)
> Complete 9 sh from accounting, banking, business, computer
> applications, computer information systems, finance,
> management, hotel/motel/restaurant management, insurance,
> operations management, public administration, real
> estate, law, marketing, and retailing management)
Hi CDM,

I am taking Prinicples of Supervision next week and and I've already taken Intro to Bus. What is the Business Math? An exam or a class?

I was really hoping to find an online comp app course that would fill the requirement... comp apps come really easy to me, or at least an other Dantes/Clep exam, but doesn't look like anything else will fit.

Rachael
ahh -- Business Math is a DSST test that you DEFINATELY should take. Just study for it the best you can -- and take it. They grade on a curve. You can do it!!

Christina
CDM,

It would have to be a REALLY big curve! I did not get the "math gene".
I will have to ask my advisor if it would fit the requirement.
Rachael --
If I can pass it -- you can pass it. Smile ALSO -- there's a gal I know who's failed tests multiple times -- and she got her highest score on the Business Math DSST. I'd go for it if I were you!!
hhhmm, I REALLY hate math....but I'll think about it....it mostly depends on if it will be accepted to fill that slot or not. I've already taken Stats, Finance & Precalc. It would certainly be better than having to take a traditional class.

Rachael
I took the Introduction to Computer Information Systems TECEP.

Based on the CLEP and DSST study guides for their exams (Information Systems and Computer Applications/ Introduction to Computing), the material looks to be the same as what was on my TECEP. Check with an advisor to see if you can take either the CLEP or the DSST to fulfill your requirement.
Obviously, there are multiple ways to meet requirements.... Smile I used the CLEP Information Systems and computer applications to fulfill the Computer Lit/Intr CIS requirement.

and Rachael -- if you've already passed Finance- statistics and preCalculus!! Business Math will be a breeze!!!!!!!! Smile Best wishes on whatever you decide!! Smile Smile
Thanks CDM.... we'll see what happens...need to work on these other exams first I think .

Rachael

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  ASNSM Mathematics AOS Electives shadowgem 8 1,871 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,612 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,405 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,869 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU free electives Tripletmom 1 1,206 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Using electives in BSBA to get most of a Psychology degree done Dowew 3 1,130 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: davewill