Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business in Society or International Management Requirment - TESU
Hello All,

What are the other options to taking Business 308 : Globalization & International Management. When I fist decided on this course of action is was simply 12 chapters of content, 1 final project and the proctored final. I just looked at it again and its 4 separate 800-1200 word papers now. Is there any other classes like this that I can take to fill this requirement. I don't really like writing and try to avoid it. Two other of the courses I need from Study.com require a very large paper already. I am open to suggestions.

I already know about the TECEP for Business in Society and I'd rather do the Study.com Course stated above. Trying to minimize my TECEPS to just the two I plan on.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

What are the other options to taking Business 308 : Globalization & International Management. When I fist decided on this course of action is was simply 12 chapters of content, 1 final project and the proctored final. I just looked at it again and its 4 separate 800-1200 word papers now. Is there any other classes like this that I can take to fill this requirement. I don't really like writing and try to avoid it. Two other of the courses I need from Study.com require a very large paper already. I am open to suggestions.

I already know about the TECEP for Business in Society and I'd rather do the Study.com Course stated above. Trying to minimize my TECEPS to just the two I plan on.

Yup I was confused about that as well. Is that a new requirement? I do not remember it being multiple papers

You could do Pen Foster International Business

Why not file a complaint. Did they change the syllabus since you originally started the course?
Does the Study.com course require any papers to be written?
I am doing the Penn Foster course myself right now, BUS430 - International Business. Donna Evans runs this course, which is 3 webinars, 4 "participation" discussion forum posts answering questions in the textbook, 4 untimed exams, a final project(*), and a proctored(**) final. As with any PF course, it's not cheap, but it's not nearly as expensive as a course from TESU either -- especially the per-credit out-of-state price.

(*)The project is very little about international business and almost all about the 2008 financial crisis, just FYI. It's 16 questions to be answered in essay format with proper citations etc. My rough draft is done and it's looking like it will average 1.5-2 paragraphs per answer. Some are longer, but a few don't even merit a full paragraph.

(**)PF proctoring is NOT through proctorU. I didn't know this before I purchased the class. You have two choices. Online proctoring through PF themselves with some kind of software that records you and sends it in to them for review, or in-person proctoring like TESU offers for TECEPs although your choice of proctors here is much less strict -- basically anyone who has at least an associates degree and doesn't live with you will suffice.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Sorry. Misinterpreted the original post. Ignore my previous post. <D'oh!/>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,980 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,661 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,107 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,594 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,324 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,377 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore