Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCAF requirements done!!!
Finally! Passed my last CLEP needed for my CCAF degree. I've been 15 credits shy of my degree for years and never did anything. Made MSgt and all of a sudden it hit me that if I didn't get it done by my next EPR it was going to hurt me. Finished up all 15 credits in the last 4 months (3 CLEP and 2 classes).

Word of advise to all the younger guys...knock that crap out early so you don't need to stress about it when your career depends on it.

Now I'm gonna take a few months off before I head to Korea and then start working on my BS.
Congratulations! Wish I had done that before I separated.
But keep in touch and let us know how the BS plan progresses.

You should be able to knock it out if you have a 1 year tour in Korea, assuming you can avoid the bars over there!

Stay safe!
DSST- General Anthropology - 52, Intro to Computer - 469, Technical Writing - 54, DSST Ethics in America - 59 (1996),
CLEP- Sociology -54, College Math - 550(1996), CLEP Principles of Management - 60 (1996)
Aleks Beg Alg,
Oh, I did the "drunk fest" tour back in 2001-2002. I'm much older and wiser now...lol My year is going to be spent at school and in the gym.
I am shy of one class for my CCAF degree and that is public speaking which seems to always be the last class for most people. I signed up for this site because it was mentioned by others of being quite helpful. I noticed they don't have public speaking on here. I was wondering if maybe I was looking in the wrong area but for both CLEP and DANTES I didn't see anything. Hoping to get some help on this. Thanks! I just joined today too so I am excited!!
I am really just posting to share my excitement with you for you have come to the right place to help you get the job done! Public Speaking will in all the circumstances, in which I am familiar, will require you to prepare and (no surprise here!) deliver you presentation. I don't know of any kind of "multiple choice" kind of options. However, there are many online oportunities for you to complete the performance aspects of this requirement by submitting a video with friends and family in the audience. It can really be a lot of fun! I'm sure other members of the forum more astute in this particlular subject will very shortly have more specific info for you. But as an old Vietnam Vet, let's go for it!
It sucks that Airman Leadership School doesn't cover the public speaking requirement.
UptonSinclair Wrote:It sucks that Airman Leadership School doesn't cover the public speaking requirement.

Or NCOA.

I knew I wouldn't be able to CLEP out speech, so I took an online class through Rio Salado (Com100) which satisfied the speech credit.
Sign up at AMU for Public Speaking. It’s a 8-week course, and as long as you can speak you'll get an A (I got a 94% w/ less than 3 hours a week of work). You can re-record each speech as many times as you want until you upload it, and class work is minimum. Speech outlines take maybe 10 minutes to type up.

Or try the CLEP. My wife took it, first part if all multi-choice - about grammar, sentence structure, leading conversations, etc.

She then was given a topic (sports...my wife hates sports) and you're given like 10 minutes to prep the speech, then you have to give it. It takes 8 weeks to get results (same time as a class) and you need to pass the multi-choice + speech to pass the CLEP. Realistically it's faster to just take the class.

Only downside is if you haven't taken a class with AMU before you'll have to take their intro class "online learning" before you can start anything else. The class is a waste of 8 weeks, if you know how to use this forum you'll get an easy A also.

Other online schools offer similar things, but I have only used AMU.
Took Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP a few hours ago scored and passed with a 55. Last credit needed for CCAF and 8 more for my BS in Political Science
jpick27 Wrote:I am shy of one class for my CCAF degree and that is public speaking which seems to always be the last class for most people. I signed up for this site because it was mentioned by others of being quite helpful. I noticed they don't have public speaking on here. I was wondering if maybe I was looking in the wrong area but for both CLEP and DANTES I didn't see anything. Hoping to get some help on this. Thanks! I just joined today too so I am excited!!

I used BYU independent study for this $470 bucks, 3 credits, voice recordings, work at your own pace. Plus BYU has a great reputation.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,130 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,094 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,793 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,139 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,746 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,192 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,712 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,240 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE