Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCs that accepts out of country international students?
You need to apply to TESU and have the university you attended send the transcripts to WES. Once evaluated by WES and sent to TESU, they will evaluate what transfers in to the degree program you chose.

Being a 3 year degree from Australia, I would assume you would have a decent amount of courses transfer in.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(12-06-2018, 09:08 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you can apply to all three and get WES or ECE to send them your course by course evaluation. It should be $205 plus, $30, $30 for two duplicate copies. If you order the duplicates afterwards it gets expensive. WES and ECE are my only recommendations, the other agencies COSC and Excelsior will not accept.

So it’s worth paying enrolment for all 3 and find out which one allows me to transfer in more as I’ll be able to save on taking more classes in future?
No, you do not enroll at all until you get your evaluation. Applying and enrolling are two different terms, you apply and wait for your course evaluation. Decide on which school, choose the one who gives you the most credits. One thing to note, only TESU has a Comp Sci Degree, the other two don’t. You can go for a BALS/BAGS with a concentration at COSC or Excelsior. All three have BSIT, BS Cybersecurity.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-06-2018, 09:23 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No, you do not enroll at all until you get your evaluation. Applying and enrolling are two different terms, you apply and wait for your course evaluation.  Decide on which school, choose the one who gives you the most credits.  One thing to note, only TESU has a Comp Sci Degree, the other two don’t.  You can go for a BALS/BAGS with a concentration at COSC or Excelsior.  All three have BSIT, BS Cybersecurity.

Thank you for this. Sorry, I meant apply. So I'd still have to pay for the application fee for all 3 of them before I can start seeing what gets transferred in.  So if I'm sure I only want a Comp Sci degree then I shouldn't waste the application fee for COSC and Excelsior.
(12-06-2018, 07:50 AM)celerius Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 06:29 AM)nyvrem Wrote: I did some fiddling around with the WES free degree equivalency tool. It says a 3 year degree from Australia is equivalent to a bachelor's degree from the US.

You can play around with

https://applications.wes.org/degree-equivalency-tool/

Of course it's not firm, best to have your stuff officially evaluated.

Hey thank you for that. I gave it a go and got the same results. But I highly doubt it's accurate lol

(12-06-2018, 06:29 AM)nyvrem Wrote: Note that if you have a polytechnic diploma or GCE A levels - Those are worth college credits as well. A full A level cert (Ds and above) gets you around 24 credit hours (again, you'll need to get your stuff evaluated) Not sure how much you'll get from a poly diploma.

Also, just an FYI, you might find it a challenge to get employed in civil service using a HES degree. They actually know HES is a part time DL degree. 

If you're looking to enter IT, maybe you could consider the UMass second degree in IT program (I have a friend who graduated from James Cook who's doing it now. They accepted his 3 year psychology degree.)

https://continuinged.uml.edu/degrees/und...degree.cfm

Anyways, good luck

- i'm from SG as well.

I actually went from O's to CC then to the Australian uni so I don't have a diploma nor A's. I'm not intending to get employed in the civil service so that's fine. I think won't go for HES' ALB.

I think I may go with getting a 4-year degree via the big3 first then think about grad school. That's probably the fastest and most cost effective route.

My 3-year bachelor degree from Australia consists of all IT classes and 1 math class. I also have an intro to biology, comp. and reading, and intro to programming from 2 CCs. The classes from Australia were in 2000-2002 and the CC classes were in 1999. That would make them 16-17 years old. If I want to get a computer science degree from one of the big3, would they still transfer just fine? I read a post on this forum that classes that old may not transfer into the AOS.

Is it possible to send all my transcripts to the big3 and find out how much can be transferred before I enroll?

Thanks

i think at this point, it really depends after you get your degree evaluated, whats the outcome. if it's evaluated as you having a US bach's degree in IT, then i'm not sure if any college would let you go back to do a CS bach. degree (since it might be too closely related) most might just have you apply for entry into a masters program instead.

at this point, you need to go through one of the evaluation agencies to know better (most Unis will have u do that too. they dont really evaluate these themselves)

just wondering, are you looking to do graduate school in the US itself? Or online as well?
For credential evaluations, some universities will have a preference (either WES or ECE), while most will be happy to accept evaluations by any member of NACES:
http://www.naces.org/members.html
Dumb question, but if you already have an IT degree, why would you need an additional degree in the first place? Are you currently working in IT? Are you in the US and employers are not recognizing your degree? I guess I"m confused about all of this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
(12-06-2018, 01:06 PM)nyvrem Wrote: i think at this point, it really depends after you get your degree evaluated, whats the outcome. if it's evaluated as you having a US bach's degree in IT, then i'm not sure if any college would let you go back to do a CS bach. degree (since it might be too closely related) most might just have you apply for entry into a masters program instead.

at this point, you need to go through one of the evaluation agencies to know better (most Unis will have u do that too. they dont really evaluate these themselves)

just wondering, are you looking to do graduate school in the US itself? Or online as well?

If it evaluates to be relevant to a 4-year bachelor's degree in the US then that's fine since I'll meet the requirements for admission for a master's degree in the US then. Maybe something like Georgia Tech's OMS CS which is online as well.

(12-06-2018, 02:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Dumb question, but if you already have an IT degree, why would you need an additional degree in the first place?  Are you currently working in IT?  Are you in the US and employers are not recognizing your degree?  I guess I"m confused about all of this.

To meet US grad school requirements. At one of the popular Australian forums there's mention of 3-year bachelor's degrees from Australia not being accepted for grad school in the US.
(12-06-2018, 06:57 PM)celerius Wrote: ...
To meet US grad school requirements. At one of the popular Australian forums there's mention of 3-year bachelor's degrees from Australia not being accepted for grad school in the US.

Generalizations are tricky. Schools will have varying admissions standards. You should check with a number of programs and ask directly before just assuming you have to get 4 year bachelor's.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-07-2018, 01:15 PM)davewill Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 06:57 PM)celerius Wrote: ...

Generalizations are tricky. Schools will have varying admissions standards. You should check with a number of programs and ask directly before just assuming you have to get 4 year bachelor's.

That was my thought.  Why are you trying to go with the harder side of things FIRST, instead of seeing whether or not a school, or multiple schools, would accept you into their grad programs WITHOUT getting a US Bachelor's degree?  I would want confirmation from numerous schools that this won't work, and that you have to have a US degree, before I do that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,139 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 299 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 2,007 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 564 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,293 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Grand Canyon Uni: 86K online students, over 960 Million in revenue. bjcheung77 1 477 05-17-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Two 16 year old students are recognized... bjcheung77 0 371 05-14-2023, 04:10 PM
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,154 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  There's a quicker, cheaper way to go to college, but fewer students are trying it davewill 7 1,028 03-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: TwinMom