Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCs that accepts out of country international students?
Hi all,

I'm thinking of accumulating credits for transfer into a university to save cost so I was wondering if anyone knows of any CCs that has many fully online courses and will accept international students who're not physically located in the US. CCs because I'll need letter grades for transferring.

Please feel free to recommend if you have alternatives to CCs. Basically I'll need the institution to be regionally accredited, accepts international students without the need to be to be on campus, hopefully has a decent number of fully online classes, and preferably won't burn a hole in my pocket.

Thank you very much in advance
I'm not sure about international students, but the 2 cheapest CCs (for non residents) that I know of are: https://luna.edu/
https://www.nmjc.edu/

Rio Salado CC http://www.riosalado.edu/Pages/default.aspx is more expensive but does tend to have more flexible options for more classes.
Also relatively cheap is ASU's earned admissions: https://ea.asu.edu

Do you not have any affordable local college options?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-04-2018, 10:16 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Do you not have any affordable local college options?

Hi MNomadic,

Thank you for the information. I'll try writing to them to ask. Unfortunately there aren't cost friendly colleges like CCs in my country.

Thanks
I think most CCs will accept international students. This link has info for international students at NMJC: https://www.nmjc.edu/admission/apply_online/index.aspx

The difficult part is going to be that most schools assume you will be on campus, and therefore assume you will need or have the proper student visa. It will take some work with admissions to make sure you can enroll and take online courses from outside the USA without having a visa.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-04-2018, 09:56 AM)celerius Wrote: Hi all,

I'm thinking of accumulating credits for transfer into a university to save cost so I was wondering if anyone knows of any CCs that has many fully online courses and will accept international students who're not physically located in the US. CCs because I'll need letter grades for transferring.

Please feel free to recommend if you have alternatives to CCs. Basically I'll need the institution to be regionally accredited, accepts international students without the need to be to be on campus, hopefully has a decent number of fully online classes, and preferably won't burn a hole in my pocket.

Thank you very much in advance

This is hard to find. Many of the CCs I emailed will not even respond once they find out you are international or leave some "We're sorry" message stating that they cant accept international at this time due to not being able to provide "the best service" etc or charge unreasonable fees.

The only way to answer this is to select a school and see if they will accept you. Keep in mind that you may have to pay non-resident out of state tuition, plus other fees tacked on for international students that many people in this forum fail to mention, so be sure to ask enrollment exactly how much is the additional fees for international students.

I think the pricing of CCs gets let competitive for international students. Have you looked t New Mexico Junior College? This is one of the cheaper colleges and I don't think they charge more if you are international.

Other than that you're better off going to the BIG 3 or if you need small payments Penn Foster has a business associates that  has a lot of ACE credits.

If you are a US citizen you may be able to bargin with some colleges in your original states. Else you're better off enrolling in one of the Big 3.

I think you should also look at American Military University they are the cheapest regionally accredited school I come across that accept people from anywhere else look at Fort Hays State University though you may pay some additional fees. You could Look at all the for-profit schools, you may be more lucky there, MOST non-profits and CCs are tough to do cheaply if you're international.

This is from my experience, a lot of the schools people recommend on here are "cheap" if you are an American, else you'll just have to face the fact you'll have every fee imaginable thrown at you.

The Big 3 is the BEST way to earn a degree, all course providers (except Onlinedegree.com, with NO technical basis) treat you fairly and equally. Else look at WGU If you are a US citizen not living in America they will accept you. If you are not then they can't which makes no sense technologically.

What school were you thinking of transferring too?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Clovis Community College, in NM (not CA) is very affordable, not sure about the international students  - http://www.clovis.edu/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(12-04-2018, 03:29 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: The Big 3 is the BEST way to earn a degree, all course providers (except Onlinedegree.com, with NO technical basis) treat you fairly and equally. Else look at WGU If you are a US citizen not living in America they will accept you. If you are not then they can't which makes no sense technologically.

I'm pretty sure their reasons have nothing to do with technology and more to do with where their funding comes from and how they are required to spend it. My guess is that they have government grants or subsidies that are tied to supporting students who are US citizens.

In any case, both WGU and onlinedegree.com have publically stated they are working to support international students in the future. So perhaps once they attain alternative funding, they will be able to support international students.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Celerius, where are you from? Do you already have credits from your native country? You may want to have them evaluated by ECE or WES and get yourself a BSBA or a BALS from the Big 3. Getting an evaluation from ECE/WES is my first recommendation, for example, if you have a 2-year diploma, it may already be sufficient to put you in Junior or Senior year at the Big 3.

I don't know your situation, but if you're starting from scratch, then NJMC might be your best bet for cheapest/easiest/fastest credits as they have 8 weeks accelerated courses, you can get the freshman/sophomore years completed by going to NJMC. Good luck, for test-out options, the Big 3 rules, and if you want to try competency-based programs, you can try them also.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
'Working to support' righhhhhtttt.
Well let us pay the subsidy, if grants and whatnot is the problem.

Like online degree.com honestly I dont mind paying $100 or $200 heck even $300 for that intro to programming course, since my only other option is to pay $1098 at TESU for it.

Similary even at double their rate WGU is still competitive, I am sure they can recover their loss.

Its just discrimination. At least CCs tact on all the extra fees. They on the other hand try to blame user experience BS, its not like theh are using technology that other providers dont use.

It's just an excuse. If OD dosent want me to pay $9 fine, then charge 10 times+ more, charge $100, but dont BS me with 'soon'.

Since 1997 WGU is in existence and said 'soon', we both know thats not going to happen EVER.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-04-2018, 06:50 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:  since my only other option is to pay $1098 at TESU for it.

Have you asked a TESU academic adviser if they can waive the intro to programming requirement if you have actual programming language courses completed already?

Have you asked a TESU academic adviser if the Saylor CS101 or CS 102 course can work?

If they are unwilling or unable to accomodate eithe of those options here are the next 4 cheapest options:

https://luna.edu/schedule

https://online.nmjc.edu/asp-prod/webview...23&year=19

https://ea.asu.edu/courses/introduction-...ng-cse-110

http://www.riosalado.edu/Schedule/pages/...=&building=

BTW, I think your assessment of OD and WGU being discriminatory is wild speculation.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,939 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 294 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,994 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 559 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,290 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Grand Canyon Uni: 86K online students, over 960 Million in revenue. bjcheung77 1 473 05-17-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Two 16 year old students are recognized... bjcheung77 0 370 05-14-2023, 04:10 PM
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,148 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  There's a quicker, cheaper way to go to college, but fewer students are trying it davewill 7 1,026 03-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: TwinMom