Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP/DSST guide for WGU?
Does someone have these guides handy that they could post for me? Their spreadsheets that show which exams satisfy which credits? I am finishing up my BA but looking to them for graduate school because they're cheap, and wondering if any exams would apply to the graduate level courses. (I know that this usually isn't the case, as CLEP/DSST exams are geared toward GE/undergrad requirements, but it's worth looking into.)
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
jessikalauren Wrote:Does someone have these guides handy that they could post for me? Their spreadsheets that show which exams satisfy which credits? I am finishing up my BA but looking to them for graduate school because they're cheap, and wondering if any exams would apply to the graduate level courses. (I know that this usually isn't the case, as CLEP/DSST exams are geared toward GE/undergrad requirements, but it's worth looking into.)

I recall reading that WGU doesn't accept any transfer credits at all for their masters programs.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I recall reading that WGU doesn't accept any transfer credits at all for their masters programs.

This is good to know - thank you!
Here is the page that shows transferrable courses for CLEP, DSST, SL, and a few other colleges. It does not address many others (Study.com, ALEKS, etc.) that they do accept. So it's really just a partial list.

It also doesn't show all of the courses you might need. For instance, some of the degrees in the Teacher's College does not require any of the math courses they list on the Quant Lit page (College Algebra, precalc, calc, or stats). So there's nothing there to tell you what they will accept for the Foundations of College Math required course.

But, at least you get a start on what they'll take: https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/alternative_transfers

They will not accept any transfers for MA/MS/MBA programs.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Here is the page that shows transferrable courses for CLEP, DSST, SL, and a few other colleges. It does not address many others (Study.com, ALEKS, etc.) that they do accept. So it's really just a partial list.

It also doesn't show all of the courses you might need. For instance, some of the degrees in the Teacher's College does not require any of the math courses they list on the Quant Lit page (College Algebra, precalc, calc, or stats). So there's nothing there to tell you what they will accept for the Foundations of College Math required course.

But, at least you get a start on what they'll take: https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/alternative_transfers

Thank you! I'm already completing my BA elsewhere, I'm just looking at WGU for grad school. It looks to be structured in a way I could complete pretty quickly if I wanted to, but I was wondering if any of the CLEP/DSST credits would be accepted, for the purposes of expediting even quicker.

Thanks again!
jessikalauren Wrote:Thank you! I'm already completing my BA elsewhere, I'm just looking at WGU for grad school. It looks to be structured in a way I could complete pretty quickly if I wanted to, but I was wondering if any of the CLEP/DSST credits would be accepted, for the purposes of expediting even quicker.

Thanks again!

No, CLEP/DSST is just for undergrad credit. WGU will not take them (or any credits) for their grad programs.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Here is the page that shows transferrable courses for CLEP, DSST, SL, and a few other colleges. It does not address many others (Study.com, ALEKS, etc.) that they do accept. So it's really just a partial list.

Thanks for this link! It's very helpful...
I wonder why I never really bothered looking for that transfer...
I will now since I'm also aiming for a BSIT or CyberSecurity degree from them...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Thanks for this link! It's very helpful...
I wonder why I never really bothered looking for that transfer...
I will now since I'm also aiming for a BSIT or CyberSecurity degree from them...

It is practically impossible to find!

BUT, if you're going to get your ASNSM soon, then you can do the block transfer for the Gen Ed's, and that will make it even less useful for you.

The Cybersecurity degree does allow some additional transfers, so far my husband has taken the Cybersecurity DSST >> Fundamentals of InfoSec, and the MIS DSST >> Business of IT - Applications. It's pretty clear for most of the other core courses what you can transfer in, the eval will tell you, and there are a ton of options for each requirement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP and CompTIA credits for BS in CS students? nomaduser 4 586 10-03-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Will CLEP English Composition Transfer to WGU for English Comp I & II? BitWiseGuy 7 2,464 10-22-2021, 09:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College Composition Modular CLEP for English Composition I? Marok 0 943 04-24-2021, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Marok
  WGU BS IT degree path/guide? SpiritedAway 4 1,701 08-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  WGU, Straighterline or CLEP for credits? Jwheels27 21 5,590 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  WGU CLEP joeguida 6 4,912 12-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  My BS in 1.5 years - my experience with CLEP/DSST/SL/WGU jessikalauren 12 9,010 08-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jessikalauren
  WGU requiring Excelsior transcripts AND individual CLEP/DSST? islandcoli 7 1,527 06-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  WGU BSIT Clep centurionpizza 1 1,116 06-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: sanantone