Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP English Composition tomorrow
Got my results yesterday, nabbed a 62. I took a lot of practice tests, but I didn't really study any grammar rules and all that like I was supposed to. :p I pretty much just used common sense. And I didn't even write my first 5 paragraph essay (I had been practicing with 3 paragraph) until 2 hours before the test, lol. :ack: And FWIW, it shouldn't take 4-6 weeks to get your results...I got mine within 2 weeks.
n_runner Wrote:Got my results yesterday, nabbed a 62. I took a lot of practice tests, but I didn't really study any grammar rules and all that like I was supposed to. :p I pretty much just used common sense. And I didn't even write my first 5 paragraph essay (I had been practicing with 3 paragraph) until 2 hours before the test, lol. :ack: And FWIW, it shouldn't take 4-6 weeks to get your results...I got mine within 2 weeks.

Congrats!!!! cheersmate Two weeks is very quick!! I got mine in almost exactly 4, if I remember correctly.
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
Hmm...I thought I'd seen something on the College Board website on how long it should take...but maybe that was somewhere else. Oh well.
My daughter's exam went very well. She was suprised at her essay topic, considering how modern it was.

Now we wait...

Thanks y'all for the support.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
The wait is usually about 4-5 weeks. Hang in there!
n_runner Wrote:Got my results yesterday, nabbed a 62. I took a lot of practice tests, but I didn't really study any grammar rules and all that like I was supposed to. :p I pretty much just used common sense. And I didn't even write my first 5 paragraph essay (I had been practicing with 3 paragraph) until 2 hours before the test, lol. :ack: And FWIW, it shouldn't take 4-6 weeks to get your results...I got mine within 2 weeks.

Congratulations on that pass! (/begin plug)For everyone reading this post, please check out the specific feedback section. I have posted a scoring rubric and a scoring/mailing timeframe which will prove helpful for test scheduling. (/end plug) That's a pass by a huge margin!! Which study guides do you feel helped the most? :coolgleam:
My daughter wished she had practiced choosing ending sentences.

FYI.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
Hello, all. I am planning to take the English Comp with Essay as my first CLEP either tomorrow or sometime next week. I've scored pretty well on the REA practice tests, but I must admit that the essay portion has me a little worried. I am actually a good writer, but I don't necessarily write quickly. I like to thoroughly think things through before setting ink to paper. I did a practice essay on a random topic, and it took me all 45 minutes -- and it was no Pulitzer Prize winner.

Anyway, for those of you who have taken the test, I was curious about one thing. In my practice tests, there were several questions that covered reference-type material, i.e. footnotes, end notes, library card catalogs, etc. How many questions, if any, are posed on such topics?

Many thanks in advance.

Scott
thehenryfam Wrote:Hello, all. I am planning to take the English Comp with Essay as my first CLEP either tomorrow or sometime next week. I've scored pretty well on the REA practice tests, but I must admit that the essay portion has me a little worried. I am actually a good writer, but I don't necessarily write quickly. I like to thoroughly think things through before setting ink to paper. I did a practice essay on a random topic, and it took me all 45 minutes -- and it was no Pulitzer Prize winner.

Anyway, for those of you who have taken the test, I was curious about one thing. In my practice tests, there were several questions that covered reference-type material, i.e. footnotes, end notes, library card catalogs, etc. How many questions, if any, are posed on such topics?

Many thanks in advance.

Scott
I'd say you're quite ready for this exam. Honestly, I halfheartedly navigated through the REA General Guide scoring mid 50's on the Practice Test. I did; however, read over the essay examples to gauge how I'd structure/write my essay. If you can stick with the 5 paragraph essay format, you'll make it. My essay wasn't great either and that fact had me sweating bullets the entire month while waiting for the results. Also, the questions about footnotes and research are only on the Freshman Composition versions of the test. Please, if you're a member, check out the Specific Exam Feedback section because there's updated information to that should give you piece of mind! :cheersmate:
Wrong thread
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 502 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,735 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 803 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 767 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 843 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 Jennr2z 2 614 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,305 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 873 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English Language Teaching through to 2023 bjcheung77 0 585 12-05-2021, 01:18 AM