Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Tests
Anyone got an idea thoughts ideas, insights, or happen to be able to see into the future as to when CLEP (and DSST) testing centers will be open? Or any word if they will be online?

Thanks.
Not online; but will be able to open as soon as a college/testing center near you opens up. Depends on where you live as to how soon this will happen.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have been waiting and there is no end in sight here. However, there never is too many people inside the testing center so I don't see why they cannot open with social distancing.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(04-22-2020, 02:20 PM)vetvso Wrote: I have been waiting and there is no end in sight here. However, there never is too many people inside the testing center so I don't see why they cannot open with social distancing.

its probably a matter of cleaning the computers                    

somebody at the testing center would have to disinfect the keyboard and mouse after each use                        
hopefully they wiped them down before all this started, but now they'd have to clean them with alcohol, bleach or maybe lysol  

and don't forget about the language CLEPS         
where they supply you with headphones to listen to vocabulary and conversations             

what will be the procedure then ?             
one time use headphones ?            
or maybe just replace the padding after each use ?
or disinfect the padding ?
Unless you already paid, it might be worth looking into whether you can get credit via some other means. Europe is basically planning on being shut down, in whole or in part, for most of the rest of the year in order to prevent outbreaks. The US hasn't universally implemented the same measures (such as universal mask use) and things are going to wind up getting shut down again almost as quickly as they open up. Despite all the rabble-rousing, I really don't see the US being able to be fully open for another 6-12 months.
(04-22-2020, 03:02 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unless you already paid, it might be worth looking into whether you can get credit via some other means. Europe is basically planning on being shut down, in whole or in part, for most of the rest of the year in order to prevent outbreaks. The US hasn't universally implemented the same measures (such as universal mask use) and things are going to wind up getting shut down again almost as quickly as they open up. Despite all the rabble-rousing, I really don't see the US being able to be fully open for another 6-12 months.

Some states never fully shut down.  And there are MANY places around the country already opening up.  FL, GA, & SC are already starting.  More states will soon enough.

The point of this whole thing was to "flatten the curve" not to make sure that nobody dies.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There's going to most likely be a second and third wave of these "viruses" in the coming months, think of it as the flu season year after year. You can't escape it as the darn bugs mutate into slightly different forms, it started with 1 form, as I last read it...it's now up to 8... Society will open back up but it's not going to be as quickly as I hope. I am still hoping before the end of the school year, but by the looks of it, it may not be.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
(04-22-2020, 03:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There's going to most likely be a second and third wave of these "viruses" in the coming months, think of it as the flu season year after year.  You can't escape it as the darn bugs mutate into slightly different forms, it started with 1 form, as I last read it...it's now up to 8...  Society will open back up but it's not going to be as quickly as I hope.  I am still hoping before the end of the school year, but by the looks of it, it may not be.

It is entirely dependent upon where you live as to how soon things will open.
I’ve heard that Texas will begin relaxing some restrictions on Monday, so hopefully this insanity is coming to an end. Definitely keep checking with state/local governments to see what’s going on. Also, have you looked to see if there are any privately run test centers near you? When I lived in the DMV, I used a facility that mainly focused on computer/cyber security training and testing. They also offered CLEP and Pearson testing as well. I would imagine it would be much easier for small companies like that to reopen sooner than schools.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(04-22-2020, 01:20 PM)natshar Wrote: Anyone got an idea thoughts ideas, insights, or happen to be able to see into the future as to when CLEP (and DSST) testing centers will be open? Or any word if they will be online?

Thanks.

Some testing centers are open but quite a few of them are closed.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 461 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,975 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 550 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM