Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP after failing a class
I don't think Intro to Psych will satisfy the requirement. You would have to check with TESU. The only psych course on the list is psychology of women.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Those CLEP's will not fulfill this slot (not Psych, not History) - neither is considered "Diversity or Global Literacy." But American Government might work (it should, it fulfills that requirement for the 2016 catalog, but isn't on the 2015 list).

DSST will work as well: World Religions, Ethics in America or Human/Cultural Geography. And there are other options, between SL, Saylor, TECEP's, and DSST.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Not sure why Psychology or History II or I wouldn't satisfy this requirement. Actually, History II is labeled as fitting this area in the link you provided. I think the reason Psychology isn't listed is because they don't even offer Intro to Psych as a course at TESU and only those courses they offer are listed. Not saying your wrong, but I have an email into academic advising for clarification. Thanks for all the help provided, it's really what makes this forum great.
tsimmns Wrote:Not sure why Psychology or History II or I wouldn't satisfy this requirement. Actually, History II is labeled as fitting this area in the link you provided. I think the reason Psychology isn't listed is because they don't even offer Intro to Psych as a course at TESU and only those courses they offer are listed. Not saying your wrong, but I have an email into academic advising for clarification. Thanks for all the help provided, it's really what makes this forum great.

US History I or II definitely does not satisfy this requirement - and neither are on the list from my link (unless you're looking further down at another section).

I'm not sure why Psych 101 would be considered Diversity, so I'm going to go with my original thought that it won't satisfy it. I've never heard that it would before. It doesn't for me, and I took it in college and have it on my transcript, and it's not up in that section. But if they will take it, then by all means, go for it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
tsimmns Wrote:Not sure why Psychology or History II or I wouldn't satisfy this requirement. Actually, History II is labeled as fitting this area in the link you provided. I think the reason Psychology isn't listed is because they don't even offer Intro to Psych as a course at TESU and only those courses they offer are listed. Not saying your wrong, but I have an email into academic advising for clarification. Thanks for all the help provided, it's really what makes this forum great.

Man I'm moody today..... but again with the "not saying you're wrong" thing!? (and yes, I added the apostrophe re. ) Clearly you want to run Every. Single. Thing. through academic advising, instead of just looking stuff up or listening to people who have answers to easy questions at the tip of their tongue. These are not hard questions- these are common questions that have been fielded here ALL THE TIME for weeks, months, years, decades. Since you don't trust the advice of members here, why would you ask for help here? tesu.edu <-- it's all there.
Sorry if I offended anyone in asking for help. In my opinion I figured Psychology and Sociology were the same type of Social Sciene and that they would both fit. Again, I hope I didn't offend or come across the wrong way.
cookderosa Wrote:Man I'm moody today..... but again with the "not saying you're wrong" thing!? (and yes, I added the apostrophe re. ) Clearly you want to run Every. Single. Thing. through academic advising, instead of just looking stuff up or listening to people who have answers to easy questions at the tip of their tongue. These are not hard questions- these are common questions that have been fielded here ALL THE TIME for weeks, months, years, decades. Since you don't trust the advice of members here, why would you ask for help here? tesu.edu <-- it's all there.

I agree - I'm not offended if someone doesn't think I know what I'm talking about (I sometimes don't after all), but I just don't know why you would come here to ask if you then don't think people know what they're talking about.

Good luck with advising - TESU advising is well-known for always giving great advice and being extremely helpful. Much more helpful than the more experienced people on here for sure. hilarious
Your milage may vary, but on my transcript Intro to sociology that I failed many years ago was listed down in the extra credits as a duplicate. The CLEP Sociology was list as credit in my requirements area.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:Your milage may vary, but on my transcript Intro to sociology that I failed many years ago was listed down in the extra credits as a duplicate. The CLEP Sociology was list as credit in my requirements area.

That's strange, because on all of my F, W or I courses from my misspent youth (of which I have plenty), TESU did not transcribe them at all. There is nothing on my TESU transcript that they wouldn't have given me credit for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,499 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,826 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,587 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,389 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,649 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,490 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,574 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,417 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,221 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk