Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP test centers
I had to reschedule my test this week due to conflicting schedules, but lots of colleges are going fully online because of Coronavirus, how is this affecting test centers for those who had already scheduled tests to take?
Will they allow CLEP tests be taken online in a proctored format?
(03-12-2020, 11:14 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I had to reschedule my test this week due to conflicting schedules, but lots of colleges are going fully online because of Coronavirus, how is this affecting test centers for those who had already scheduled tests to take?
Will they allow CLEP tests be taken online in a proctored format?

I sent a message to DSST about this. If they get back to me I'll post it here.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
I haven't taken a CLEP or DSST as I live far from testing sites and do everything with ACE/NCCRS - so don't quote me on this, but if I recall correctly - CLEP/DSST test locations are all independently operated by a college/uni or test center.

Essentially - it depends on the situation at that location. The only way to find out is, to contact that test center location directly, not all sites will be affected by the Coronavirus (hopefully). And I don't recall there being an online test option with proctoring, as they use IBT (Internet-Based-Testing on-site, ironic isn't it?).

For DSST, they are at sites that have Prometric testing, if your college/university or test center has this option, again ask them to see if the testing has been cancelled due to the affects of this Coronavirus, again - not all sites will be affected, and they should be independent of each site. I highly doubt everything is going to be shut down for CLEP/DSST, only some sites will be affected. I read somewhere either CLEP/DSST has an online option for testing, or is soon to have it released...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can't take the CLEP/DSST exams anywhere but specific testing centers. So, you'll have to call the school directly, to see if their campus is shutting down.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-12-2020, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can't take the CLEP/DSST exams anywhere but specific testing centers. So, you'll have to call the school directly, to see if their campus is shutting down.
The entire campus where the test center is has shut down, so I will have to call to see if they are allowing those tests to be taken elsewhere or through online proctoring.
(03-18-2020, 11:15 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 12:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You can't take the CLEP/DSST exams anywhere but specific testing centers. So, you'll have to call the school directly, to see if their campus is shutting down.
The entire campus where the test center is has shut down, so I will have to call to see if they are allowing those tests to be taken elsewhere or through online proctoring.

The schools don't have authority to do online proctoring, that up to CLEP (College Board).  I'm guessing they don't have that worked out right now, but it may evolve.  They are also trying to figure out SAT and AP exams, so I'm guessing CLEP will do what those do (which is NOT have online proctoring, but we shall see).

CLEP authorizes each individual testing center - so it can't just be moved elsewhere.  The new school would have to apply to become a testing center on it's own.  But, you can call other testing centers to see if they're open.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 149 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 469 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 469 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 768 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 494 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 639 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 410 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 454 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,991 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 936 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch