Other
4.93%
7 4.93%
Total 142 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where are you using CLEP or DSST?
Are you taking any CLEP or DSST exams? If so, please participate in the poll above! Feel free to also reply to this thread below with a comment with additional details (for example, what school you are getting credit at, how many exams you're taking, etc.)

Note that you have to be logged into the forum to vote in the poll. Otherwise, it will show up as "closed".
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
A bit of selection bias with this poll  Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-29-2020, 03:35 PM)jsd Wrote: A bit of selection bias with this poll  Big Grin

Yeah, missing: "I am not taking CLEP or DSST exams" at least. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ss20ts
I would take CLEP, but they're not available online!
(05-29-2020, 04:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would take CLEP, but they're not available online!

That was the biggest hurdle for me when I started earning credits towards my degree again after a long hiatus. My initial credits were all CLEP and DSST, but most of the local testing centers closed a few years back, so when I went back to work on more credits testing became far less convenient. It would have forced me to travel an hour each way to take a test, which turned me off. For efficiency, I'd have had to align trips such that I could take multiple tests back to back to avoid the wasted travel time. But that isn't the way I liked to study--I prefer one subject at a time.

But then I discovered places like StraighterLine and Study.com where I could complete courses more efficiently and do it online from the comfort of my home and on my own schedule. I ended up completing the balance of courses I required using online resources only. That simplified my educational experience significantly.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-29-2020, 04:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would take CLEP, but they're not available online!

The closest CLEP testing center is over an hour away from my house. It has been closed since mid-March due to COVID. I am soooooooo happy I didn't start a CLEP test and preparing for the exam because I would be stuck. Completely stuck for who knows how long. It will be months before the center can reopen still.

I would love to know why they haven't added an online component especially since so many members of the military take these exams. Many military folks work odd hours and overnights so taking an exam during 9-5 business hours is challenging for many of them. My cousin had that problem so he gave up which is sad.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • annag, cc078
You guys are right -- it was probably not the ideal time to post this poll. With most college campuses and test centers being closed right now, I would guess there aren't too many traditional college students hanging around on the forum right now.

Still, your votes are appreciated! Smile
--
Steve
"other" fit my situation. Originally I started CLEP exams at brick and mortar community college to reach for my associates. I did not know how I would do. After success with CLEP and a handful of classes, I'm now heading for online school toward BA path.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(06-01-2020, 01:28 PM)P226mem Wrote: "other" fit my situation.  Originally I started CLEP exams at brick and mortar community college to reach for my associates. I did not know how I would do.   After success with CLEP and a handful of classes,  I'm now heading for online school toward BA path.

Nice! Did you end up finishing the associates? Mind sharing which community college that was?
--
Steve
(06-02-2020, 12:08 PM)sgloer Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 01:28 PM)P226mem Wrote: "other" fit my situation.  Originally I started CLEP exams at brick and mortar community college to reach for my associates. I did not know how I would do.   After success with CLEP and a handful of classes,  I'm now heading for online school toward BA path.

Nice! Did you end up finishing the associates? Mind sharing which community college that was?

I did finish that associates just this month. 9 clep exams (thank you modern states and InstantCert on humanities and eng lit especially) and 8 classes. The community college is in Tennesee (Southwest TN CC). Now onto TESU for BALS.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az, sgloer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 146 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 463 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 764 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 490 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 634 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 406 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 450 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,985 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 936 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 551 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM