Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC BIS Information Systems/Operations Management
After taking all of your collective input, researching the wiki, investigating COSC, WGU, EC, and TESU, I think I've come up with a workable plan. TESU is too expensive. EC doesn't help me. I refuse to jump through WGU's hoops for there degrees, I won't learn much of anything and none of the certs will do me good in my career path.

While researching the AS General Studies, I looked at the BS General Studies with a concentration in Information Systems. That alone would be appealing, because I could just dump as many credits through various learning sources towards credit. However, I found Bachelor's of Integrated Studies, and it appears you can make your own specialty. I'll probably eventually end up as a project manager, so being able to get a duel degree cloud be useful. I'd take courses to be able to justify calling the other Operations or Project Management:

B.I.S Information Systems and Operations/Project/Business management

More info here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php

It also seems like I could get the whole AS/BS combo for $2,186 (if i got all the fees right)

Any thought or tips?

Attached Files
.xlsx   COSC BS InfoSystemsOperation Mangamet.xlsx (Size: 12.33 KB / Downloads: 14)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
(02-11-2020, 10:06 PM)xicovu Wrote: After taking all of your collective input, researching the wiki, investigating COSC, WGU, EC, and TESU, I think I've come up with a workable plan. TESU is too expensive. EC doesn't help me. I refuse to jump through WGU's hoops for there degrees, I won't learn much of anything and none of the certs will do me good in my career path.

While researching the AS General Studies, I looked at the BS General Studies with a concentration in Information Systems. That alone would be appealing, because I could just dump as many credits through various learning sources towards credit. However, I found Bachelor's of Integrated Studies, and it appears you can make your own specialty. I'll probably eventually end up as a project manager, so being able to get a duel degree cloud be useful. I'd take courses to be able to justify calling the other Operations or Project Management:

It also seems like I could get the whole AS/BS combo for $2,186 (if i got all the fees right)

Any thought or tips?

What about https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php  they are offering the computer science.

where can I find this courses
 Credits required:

• 6 credits in Logic, from the following:

• Programming Logic

• Philosophical Logic

• Digital Logic

• Mathematical Logic

• 3 credits in Technical Communication

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(02-11-2020, 11:05 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:06 PM)xicovu Wrote: After taking all of your collective input, researching the wiki, investigating COSC, WGU, EC, and TESU, I think I've come up with a workable plan. TESU is too expensive. EC doesn't help me. I refuse to jump through WGU's hoops for there degrees, I won't learn much of anything and none of the certs will do me good in my career path.

Any thought or tips?

What about https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php  they are offering the computer science.

where can I find this courses
 Credits required:
  • 6 credits in Logic, from the following:

• Programming Logic

• Philosophical Logic

• Digital Logic

• Mathematical Logic

• 3 credits in Technical Communication

I'm avoiding as much math as possible. I'm below college algebra currently most likely. BSGS Information System Studies would be the other good option. I'm trying to avoid having to do the additional liberal arts courses however and would rather get something useful. I like "BIS Information Systems & Operations Management" studies because I work for a massive mining company, and I'm down and around and all over it, so putting something "Operations Management" on my resume will get me a little farther. Its the mining industry equivalent of a business degree. 

Anything along the lines of

Information Systems & Management
Information Systems & Accounting
Information Systems & Leadership
Information Systems & Project Management
etc
etc

They'd all be the best looking IMO...Business and IT. I want to get the degrees accelerated, but I'd like to learn new and interesting things along the way. "General Studies" gives me the leeway to do that.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,681 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,165 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso