Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC FEMA Cedit Bank
What is currently the cheapest way you guys have found to get COSC to accept FEMA credits? Ive seen some different postings around the board but wanted to know what the latest and greatest is. Any hints, tips etc to keep the cost down.

Thanks
pitbull30 Wrote:What is currently the cheapest way you guys have found to get COSC to accept FEMA credits? Ive seen some different postings around the board but wanted to know what the latest and greatest is. Any hints, tips etc to keep the cost down.

Thanks
As far as I know, the only way COSC will accept FEMA credits is via transcripting them through Frederick Community College (FCC) and then sending that transcript to COSC, which is $77 a credit. That is in addition to the credit banking fee if you're not a matriculated student. I have 7 FEMA credits I will be doing that with myself at some point.

Of course TESC accepts the FEMA credits directly with no additional fee, but you'd have to matriculate there to get them which isn't cheap, and from what I've seen COSC won't accept them as transcribed through TESC.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Merlin Wrote:As far as I know, the only way COSC will accept FEMA credits is via transcripting them through Frederick Community College (FCC) and then sending that transcript to COSC, which is $77 a credit. That is in addition to the credit banking fee if you're not a matriculated student. I have 7 FEMA credits I will be doing that with myself at some point.

Of course TESC accepts the FEMA credits directly with no additional fee, but you'd have to matriculate there to get them which isn't cheap, and from what I've seen COSC won't accept them as transcribed through TESC.

Yes and no... they will accept FCC, but it doesn't have to be FCC. I have heard that Red Rocks Community College is a cheap option along with Clackamas. If I remember correctly, RRCC is the cheapest, but since I didn't try it myself, I can't be totally sure.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:Yes and no... they will accept FCC, but it doesn't have to be FCC. I have heard that Red Rocks Community College is a cheap option along with Clackamas. If I remember correctly, RRCC is the cheapest, but since I didn't try it myself, I can't be totally sure.
Hmm, will they accept FEMA credits transcripted through RRCC? When I asked my advisor about FEMA a while back, they said they only accepted FEMA credits via FCC, but I didn't specifically ask about RRCC. $15/credit is certainly better than $77/credit if so.

However, it looks like RRCC requires at least 1 class (3 credits) in residency to transcribe FEMA credits, so at $225/credit (out of state tuition), that would be $675 + $15/credit for the FEMA credits, which makes FCC cheaper unless you need the class anyway, or you're transcribing 11+ FEMA credits.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Merlin Wrote:Hmm, will they accept FEMA credits transcripted through RRCC? When I asked my advisor about FEMA a while back, they said they only accepted FEMA credits via FCC, but I didn't specifically ask about RRCC. $15/credit is certainly better than $77/credit if so.

However, it looks like RRCC requires at least 1 class (3 credits) in residency to transcribe FEMA credits, so at $225/credit (out of state tuition), that would be $675 + $15/credit for the FEMA credits, which makes FCC cheaper unless you need the class anyway, or you're transcribing 11+ FEMA credits.

Darn it... maybe I gave RRCC more serious thought a while back just because I'm in CO so it would be cheaper for me. I had it in my mind that RRCC was a really good option.

I can't imagine why COSC would take FEMA's through FCC but not Clackamas or another RA school. In my experience with my advisor there, she was AWESOME, but there were just a couple of questions that came up that were referred to the registrar, who is the one that makes the decision. I would go that route if a lot of $$ were at stake.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,695 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,079 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,336 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,012 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,055 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,448 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,821 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,833 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,030 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98