Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC - My Honest Opinion
I recently completed my AA - General Studies at COSC and will be done with my BA - General Studies in a couple of months. I wanted to share a little bit about my experience at COSC and why I chose COSC over TESU. I don't have a whole lot of feedback, as my experience has been mostly positive. 

- The staff/faculty are real human beings with names. The school has a fairly small faculty/staff. Everyone I've spoken to has been EXTREMELY helpful. They do a really good job of hiring caring people. 

- It's affordable AF! Seriously. If you only take the 2 required classes at COSC, you have yourself a pretty sweet deal. I spent around $3200 for both classes. I was able to use their payment plan system, which was helpful being that I'm broke and paying out of pocket (TESU does not allow a payment plan for most students. I confirmed this myself). I used Sophia and StraighterLine to fulfill my gen ed requirements, which cost me about $350-400. Also, there is NO GRADUATION FEE as of July 2021. That saved me $225. 

- Continuous credit transfers: Once enrolled, you can continue to transfer in credits even after you've completed your required courses. This makes it easy to get registered and started on your required courses right away. The school is also pretty fast with updating your academic evaluation once enrolled.    

Now on to my complaints:

- Well, just one complaint. They do not state your major on your diploma. I think this is pretty insane, being that it would cost them nothing to do so. But your major/concentration does show on your transcript, which I guess is all that really matters. 

Overall, my experience at COSC has been smooth. If you're looking for a simple way to complete your degree, I'd definitely recommend COSC. 

Sophia: 22 credits | StraighterLine: 1 credit (Bio Lab) | Prior College Credits + WGU: 90+ Credits

In Progress: COSC BA - General Studies - Liberal Studies

Completed: COSC AA - General Studies
[-] The following 4 users Like cannacollege's post:
  • akr680, clj626, NC Coach, Pikachu
My degree did not have a major listed either. It is not proper to list a major in most cases.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • cannacollege, sanantone
(07-21-2021, 06:24 AM)cannacollege Wrote: I recently completed my AA - General Studies at COSC and will be done with my BA - General Studies in a couple of months. I wanted to share a little bit about my experience at COSC and why I chose COSC over TESU. I don't have a whole lot of feedback, as my experience has been mostly positive. 

- The staff/faculty are real human beings with names. The school has a fairly small faculty/staff. Everyone I've spoken to has been EXTREMELY helpful. They do a really good job of hiring caring people. 

- It's affordable AF! Seriously. If you only take the 2 required classes at COSC, you have yourself a pretty sweet deal. I spent around $3200 for both classes. I was able to use their payment plan system, which was helpful being that I'm broke and paying out of pocket (TESU does not allow a payment plan for most students. I confirmed this myself). I used Sophia and StraighterLine to fulfill my gen ed requirements, which cost me about $350-400. Also, there is NO GRADUATION FEE as of July 2021. That saved me $225. 

- Continuous credit transfers: Once enrolled, you can continue to transfer in credits even after you've completed your required courses. This makes it easy to get registered and started on your required courses right away. The school is also pretty fast with updating your academic evaluation once enrolled.    

Now on to my complaints:

- Well, just one complaint. They do not state your major on your diploma. I think this is pretty insane, being that it would cost them nothing to do so. But your major/concentration does show on your transcript, which I guess is all that really matters. 

Overall, my experience at COSC has been smooth. If you're looking for a simple way to complete your degree, I'd definitely recommend COSC. 

Sophia: 22 credits | StraighterLine: 1 credit (Bio Lab) | Prior College Credits + WGU: 90+ Credits

In Progress: COSC BA - General Studies - Liberal Studies

Completed: COSC AA - General Studies

Not listing the major on the diploma is pretty standard. Sometimes, schools only list applied subjects, such as business administration. Only one time did someone ask for my diplomas, and it was an office manager who didn't have a degree or a formal background in HR. She didn't know that diplomas are the easiest to fake. Everyone else has wanted transcripts.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • cannacollege
This is good to know. I recently recommended COSC to a friend of mine who has an AA and a lot of RA upper level credits from about 10 years ago. She was unable to finish due to her spouse passing away suddenly and having three kids to raise alone. With no graduation fee and a payment plan, it sounds like I recommended the right school. Thanks, OP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatsDomino's post:
  • cannacollege
Many schools do not list your major on your degree. My 2 associate degrees do not. They just say Associate in Applied Science and Associate of Science. My BLS from UMPI lists my major and all of my minors. It's pretty crowded!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • cannacollege
(07-21-2021, 09:28 AM)CatsDomino Wrote: This is good to know.  I recently recommended COSC to a friend of mine who has an AA and a lot of RA upper level credits from about 10 years ago.  She was unable to finish due to her spouse passing away suddenly and having three kids to raise alone.  With no graduation fee and a payment plan, it sounds like I recommended the right school.  Thanks, OP.

If you have her post her credits on here, I'll do a degree plan for her and see if it's the most feasible plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
Interesting - Question for you - OP, I noticed you have credits from WGU, why didn't you finish a degree from them instead?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, LookMaIMadeIt, mahaganapati
(07-21-2021, 01:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting - Question for you - OP, I noticed you have credits from WGU, why didn't you finish a degree from them instead?

WGU is an excellent school. Probably my favorite online school, but I have horrible test anxiety.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cannacollege's post:
  • LookMaIMadeIt
(07-21-2021, 10:11 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 09:28 AM)CatsDomino Wrote: This is good to know.  I recently recommended COSC to a friend of mine who has an AA and a lot of RA upper level credits from about 10 years ago.  She was unable to finish due to her spouse passing away suddenly and having three kids to raise alone.  With no graduation fee and a payment plan, it sounds like I recommended the right school.  Thanks, OP.

If you have her post her credits on here, I'll do a degree plan for her and see if it's the most feasible plan.

Oh, thank you!  I'll talk to her and see if she'll do that.
Given that most of their programs are technically a major in General Studies with a concentration in [whatever], I'm actually glad they don't list it.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • cannacollege

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,683 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,165 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso