Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC and A&I Literature CLEP
Just an FYI for anyone this might apply to or help.....

I have confirmation from two (2) different sources at COSC that the optional essay is NOT required there.
It isn't required, they don't really have a mechanism in place to grade the optional essay. Still worth 6 credits too! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
One of my classmates told me it satisfies COSC's Literary Theory requirement for the English major. So in addition to six credits it apparently satisfies a major requirement as well!
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
Devanna Wrote:One of my classmates told me it satisfies COSC's Literary Theory requirement for the English major. So in addition to six credits it apparently satisfies a major requirement as well!

I can't confirm that personally, as I had already transferred in a Literary Theory course before I had taken that CLEP, but I would check with the registrar before assuming that the CLEP covers that requirement. Given the content of the CLEP I would be very surprised if it did. There is nothing covered about any of the literary criticism theories or theorists. It's just straight analysis.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Tedium Wrote:I can't confirm that personally, as I had already transferred in a Literary Theory course before I had taken that CLEP, but I would check with the registrar before assuming that the CLEP covers that requirement. Given the content of the CLEP I would be very surprised if it did. There is nothing covered about any of the literary criticism theories or theorists. It's just straight analysis.

I was kind of surprised too. Maybe it was a one time exception for my classmate....? I should have added a "but double check with your advisor" to my post, oops.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
I just double checked my Advising Worksheet and A&I Lit. CLEP is listed under the "Intro. to Literature" portion of the English concentration. But like I said, I already transferred in Lit. Theory.

It would be really awesome and cheap if it worked that way, though. An English degree is a helluva thing to try and test out of.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,793 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,998 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,402 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,795 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,569 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,997 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98