Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC international student admission requirements?
Hi, my spouse is interested in getting a BA from COSC or TESU, however TESU requires international students to take the IELTS or TOEFL in addition to transferring in college credits. 
I was wondering if anyone knows if COSC also requires this? There is no information on their site about this.

PS. I graduate from TESU in 2017 thanks to this forum!!!!!!!!! Forever grateful!!!!!
(02-10-2020, 08:42 PM)icy Wrote: Hi, my spouse is interested in getting a BA from COSC or TESU, however TESU requires international students to take the IELTS or TOEFL in addition to transferring in college credits. 
I was wondering if anyone knows if COSC also requires this? There is no information on their site about this.

PS. I graduate from TESU in 2017 thanks to this forum!!!!!!!!! Forever grateful!!!!!
Sorry my fault i thought it was excelsior. Didn't know about cosc you can ask them via an e-mail they would reply to you.

Found it. It's there.

" Applicants who have earned a non-US bachelor’s degree within a country where English is not the official language of instruction will be required to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 600 (paper) and 250 (electronic) will be considered satisfactory. The College will obtain your scores from ETS on your behalf. "

It's about "100" at toefl ibt and it seems pretty high to me. Other colleges and universites only require 70 or 79...

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...udents.php
[-] The following 1 user Likes mgmar22's post:
  • icy
I think the link you posted is for graduate admissions. Since you are interested in undergraduate admission, you may want to look at this:

I don't see the English language requirements on this page, but I am sure there must be one. Usually, at the undergraduate level, there can be substitutions/alternatives for TOEFL, like completing 6-9 English language credits. You may want to contact COSC and see what they say.
(02-11-2020, 11:57 AM)msganti Wrote: I think the link you posted is for graduate admissions. Since you are interested in undergraduate admission, you may want to look at this:

I don't see the English language requirements on this page, but I am sure there must be one. Usually, at the undergraduate level, there can be substitutions/alternatives for TOEFL, like completing 6-9 English language credits. You may want to contact COSC and see what they say.

It looks like TOEFL is not required at COSC, it only shows up for Graduate Admissions.  But if you go to their page and check, a pop up box shows up with someone offering to chat with you, and you can ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
COSC does not require the TOEFL (undergraduate), but English Comp I and II are required. You should ask if those requirements are met w/ a ENG1/2 course at some provider.
(02-11-2020, 03:35 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: COSC does not require the TOEFL (undergraduate), but English Comp I and II are required. You should ask if those requirements are met w/ a ENG1/2 course  at some provider.

How about a GED? My spouse has a GED.

And thanks, I'll try and contact them.
Generally, most schools grant an exception for candidates with who did highschool/GED from USA for the english language requirement. You need to check with COSC if they do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes msganti's post:
  • icy
No toefl needed for undergrad.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,954 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,859 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,397 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,094 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,339 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,783 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,249 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso