Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC no longer accepts Coopersmith and others
@Brighterfuture88 likewise I have homework to do as well and a deadline to meet with my third book.

I am doing just that by making the statments I did. If some people keep their mouth shut other members on the forum will thrive and succeed.

Nope. Not agreeing to disagree. I wont let a guy tell me the sky is green and keep quite about it.

Here's an idea to let others succeed:

"Shut ur pie holes about finishin 100 courses in a month and how test answers are spelled out on a powerpoint and what not."

I'll say it all day long. I think that would be a great contribution to the community.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(01-25-2020, 07:27 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Nope. Not agreeing to disagree. I wont let a guy tell me the sky is green and keep quite about it.

Whatever makes you happy.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
I think the point I'm trying to make has been lost here. Anybody can go on a forum and say anything. The idea that NCCRS recommendations are going to be disregarded because of what people posted on an online forum seems overly paranoid. I'm not saying that it has never happened, but the idea that three schools are monitoring this forum daily to weed out easy courses instead of reviewing them themselves doesn't really make sense.

Though, when administration is presented with a transcript of 90 credits from one provider within a single month, I could see how they might start looking around.

I get that Coppersmith losing approval is alarming, but it's a bit much to say, "Hey, look. It's because of the forum post here! Blame this person."

When Study.com limited the exams to five a month, that was the real tell.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • suzycupcake
Wow, I never thought a handful of posts where I've given my opinion on Coopersmith would be the reason a college would stop accepting credits from FOUR NCCRS providers!

C'mon, seriously? I took 4 courses from them and yes, I've said they are my favorite provider and if you study everything on the 100+ powerpoint slides/study guides, it will all be on the exam. I've also said the essay questions were answered in 2-3 sentences to let people know you don't have to write a full blown essay. They are study and pass courses. I don't believe anyone would ever read my posts and get the impression that I'm "fooling anyone" or "beating the system" by answering questions about them. The 4 courses that I took were spread out over time, not taken in a day. In fact, even with a background in the classes I've taken, I still prepared for each one, cutting up the powerpoints and using them as flash cards (as I've also mentioned in my posts).

So out of the thousands of posts here on the forum, COSC has someone who goes through every one of them and picks out my handful of posts and makes a decision on it. Since there is not really anyone else posting about Coopersmith, I must be the "dickhead" armstrongsubero is referring to. Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds to blame me?

And where are the other posts about Tor, CIS and RIJS which contributed to this decision? Don't forget, it wasn't just Coopersmith.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • badooble
@suzycupcake did I say you were the reason?

Use your reading comprehension skills dear, I used your post as an EXAMPLE, said so right there.

You're arent the first to post stuff like that, people have been posting those kinda stuff since before you were on the forum, you were just the first example I found when I did my search so I pulled it.

The Big3 and course providers DO take notice of what is on here.

Here's a post on the TESU blog that DIRECTLY mentions this forum. Have a read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.tesu.e...s_amp=true

You all can do whatever you want. I already earned my degree. I just think others should be given the fair opportunity I had.

It would be a shame if a few hard headed dickheads keep posting stuff that will make it harder for the rest of us.

Free speech man. Just as you dont have to listen to me, you cant tell me what to say. Don't be a bigot.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Yes! Let's start calling everyone bigots and dickheads! That will fix everything. Also, consider who really looks bad when you say stuff like that.

The post on the TESU blog doesn't prove anything. It's just a blog post. Nobody is saying that no people at TESU know that degreeforum exists. The idea that posts here are placing bees in the bonnets of all big three administrators just seems overblown.

I didn't think there was anything bad about suzecupcake's post. It certainly wouldn't prompt a school to refuse all courses from a provider.

And if the decisions to refuse providers were degreeforum centered, Shmoop would be banned everywhere, wouldn't it?

However, if anyone has any direct information that administrators are being routinely influenced by posts suggesting in any way that a course is easy, they should PM Merlin and there should be rules in place to stop it. Such posts should be flagged.

I'm also worried about all of this because I may need that linear algebra course from Coopersmith.

We can all be rude on here sometimes, but I still love you guys. I know people are mad, but I think we should all take a step back. If people are fighting and blaming each other all the time, degreeforum will not work for any of us.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 2 users Like udi's post:
  • Muldoon, suzycupcake
It's not a secret that big3 administrators read the forum. We've had at least one that used to regularly, openly post here. It's weird to think they would be here but not be taking our opinions into account.  If they see something suspicious about particular providers, they're going to address it to protect their own institution's reputation.

Do we know that this is what happened with Coopersmith? No. But the idea that the big 3 wouldn't act on information they learn from this forum seems like wishful thinking.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • Leedeedee, udi
Ok, I might comment here. I won't call anyone names or get mad at anybody. I'll just share my opinion. In regards to what people post on here, some of it seems like bragging/exaggerating. One of the courses that I was told I could do in a day took me a week to complete, and that was with me working on it all day every day pretty much. One course I was told I could do well on the exam just by reviewing power points. I went and read the nearly 600 page book that was associated with the course and if I had not done so I do believe that I would have failed. It took me nearly a month to finish reading the book. The essays on the exam were challenging as well. So I think it would not be wise for Charter Oak and others to believe everything they read here, if in fact they read stuff on here. A lot of this alternative credit provider stuff is not "quick" or "easy" despite the assurances of a small group folks on this forum. The second point I want to make is, these courses are reviewed by professionals at both ACE and NCCRS. Teams of faculty evaluators in conjunction with subject matter experts scrutinize each course to make sure that students are learning what the course is supposed to teach. They take their jobs seriously. These professionals wouldn't recommend credit for a course if they didn't think it was worth credit. It seems like a bit of hubris to say that either ACE or NCCRS approved courses are just not up your standards. To quote the blog post by TESU mentioned earlier: "This is not to say that earning these alternative credits was a breeze. I had to study for every single one. Many of the online courses were just that – courses, with unit tests and quizzes that had to be passed. For my oral communication course, I had to prepare and record three speeches. It was not a walk in the park. There is a reason these courses have been evaluated by ACE as equivalent to a college course."
(01-26-2020, 06:12 PM)Argo Wrote: Ok, I might comment here. I won't call anyone names or get mad at anybody. I'll just share my opinion. In regards to what people post on here, some of it seems like bragging/exaggerating. One of the courses that I was told I could do in a day took me a week to complete, and that was with me working on it all day every day pretty much. One course I was told I could do well on the exam just by reviewing power points. I went and read the nearly 600 page book that was associated with the course and if I had not done so I do believe that I would have failed. It took me nearly a month to finish reading the book. The essays on the exam were challenging as well. So I think it would not be wise for Charter Oak and others to believe everything they read here, if in fact they read stuff on here. A lot of this alternative credit provider stuff is not "quick" or "easy" despite the assurances of a small group folks on this forum. The second point I want to make is, these courses are reviewed by professionals at both ACE and NCCRS. Teams of faculty evaluators in conjunction with subject matter experts scrutinize each course to make sure that students are learning what the course is supposed to teach. They take their jobs seriously. These professionals wouldn't recommend credit for a course if they didn't think it was worth credit. It seems like a bit of hubris to say that either ACE or NCCRS approved courses are just not up your standards. To quote the blog post by TESU mentioned earlier: "This is not to say that earning these alternative credits was a breeze. I had to study for every single one. Many of the online courses were just that – courses, with unit tests and quizzes that had to be passed. For my oral communication course, I had to prepare and record three speeches. It was not a walk in the park. There is a reason these courses have been evaluated by ACE as equivalent to a college course."

I think people are always learn at different speeds and find different courses difficult. I saw some reviews on RateMyProfessor that talk about the TESU BSBA capstone as being so easy they are worried the school will lose accreditation, whereas reading the syllabus, and seeing the amount of writing required, it looks pretty high effort to me.
Half the time the course providers aren't even secretive about it lol they talk openly in this forum with us.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,043 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,891 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 793 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,433 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,113 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,354 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,841 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,276 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,926 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,680 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso