Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPA and ACE credits NJ BSBA Accounting
So I have found some information about whether you can sit for the CPA based on "correspondence " courses as they call them. Some states make their stance quite clear ( NY is cool, Texas not so much) I cannot find any information that exactly pertains to NJ. Anyone here have any insight? Perhaps leave your state and status for other if you know it
TIA
Kara
How to become a CPA in New Jersey - NJ | Exams and License | Certification | CPA Requirements I like this site the best because it clearly lays everything out for you, plus it has every state. NJ doesn't clearly say it accepts correspondence, unlike the page for TN where it specifically says
Quote:Correspondence, CLEP credit, pass/fail grades and on-line courses are acceptable if you have received credit for them at an accredited college or university and they appear on your official transcript.
NJ only mentions correspondence for continuing edu after your CPA, although it then links to a few online programs like Capella U.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
It's so vague, and in the new requirements (starting July ) they don't even mention what type of accreditation you need

On September 21, 2015, regulations were adopted in New Jersey that impact the educational requirements for students seeking to become licensed CPAs. These new regulations go into effect on July 1, 2017.

What do these new rules mean?
In order to sit for the CPA Exam in NJ, an applicant must possess:

a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school/university
24 semester hours in accounting and 24 semester hours in business
a minimum of 120 semester hours
the degree can be in any field of study
To be licensed in NJ, the applicant must:

obtain 150 semester hours from an accredited school. These credits can be obtained within or beyond a degree program.
obtain one year of experience (1,750 hours) working under a CPA whose active license is from NJ or from a state that is substantially equivalent to NJ. Currently all states are substantially equivalent. The experience must be in the areas of auditing or accounting."

As far as I'm concerned I will hit all of the education requirements. I have emailed them though, I want it in writing
My response from NASBA
"Dear Ms. --------

As long as the credits earned show on an official transcript with the hours posted and are not duplicate to any other courses taken, the New Jersey State Board will accept those credits.

Administrator, Licensing Services and CPE Audit

----------
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
150 Fourth Avenue North Suite 700
Nashville, TN 37219
----------
Toll Free: (866) 350-0017
http://www.nasba.org"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 95 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,871 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,962 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 361 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,915 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM