Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPA requirements for uopeople degree
Also some states require you to have some B&M ( not online ) courses. I dont mean B&M degree, only few specific courses must be face to face.
(12-23-2021, 02:05 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Also some states require you to have some B&M ( not online ) courses. I dont mean B&M degree,  only few specific courses must be face to face.

How would anyone know if the classes are face to face? Transcripts don't reflect this. And over the last 2 years many classes were moved to online due to the pandemic.
I have no idea. i guess if they mention it there is way to check it.
Depending on the situation, I wouldn't worry too much about alternative credit, I would caution using them for the "degree major" as some majors/subjects require learning the material really well and alternative credit may not teach that subject well enough.  So for the lower level credits or freshman/sophomore years, using alternative credit such as CLEP/MS and ACE should be fine...  You might want to invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking when you work on your alternative credit courses...

This is my suggestion, you may want to continue on your path with the BA Accounting at UMPI as it is RA, skip the UOP or any NA degree even though they are recognized, NA degrees aren't that transfer friendly, even in the US, it'll be harder internationally.  Some states have requirements of 150 credits and also at minimum 30, and I think some require 45 credits in the Major.  What you can do next is a WGU Masters degree in Accounting before you go for the CPA licensure exams, this is to prepare you further and also hit the X credit requirement in the state.

Don't rush into things, review advice provided, and I would recommend you to take some time to read through the forum posts, wiki, and also the links below.
UMPI BA Accounting: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-accounting.aspx
WGU MS Accounting: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ation.html

BTW, do you volunteer, work, have other commitments, how many hours a day can you dedicate to studies?  How about a budget, aid, tuition assistance?  Is self paced, exams, assignments or competency based assessments for you?  You need to understand, it is a degree with a "rounded education in that major"  you're looking for, not just "cheap, easy, fast".  Note: If you have commitments, then maybe a TESU BA Accounting is more for you, then you can ladder up to the WGU MS Accounting.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-24-2021, 12:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Depending on the situation, I wouldn't worry too much about alternative credit, I would caution using them for the "degree major" as some majors/subjects require learning the material really well and alternative credit may not teach that subject well enough.  So for the lower level credits or freshman/sophomore years, using alternative credit such as CLEP/MS and ACE should be fine...  You might want to invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking when you work on your alternative credit courses...

This is my suggestion, you may want to continue on your path with the BA Accounting at UMPI as it is RA, skip the UOP or any NA degree even though they are recognized, NA degrees aren't that transfer friendly, even in the US, it'll be harder internationally.  Some states have requirements of 150 credits and also at minimum 30, and I think some require 45 credits in the Major.  What you can do next is a WGU Masters degree in Accounting before you go for the CPA licensure exams, this is to prepare you further and also hit the X credit requirement in the state.

Don't rush into things, review advice provided, and I would recommend you to take some time to read through the forum posts, wiki, and also the links below.
UMPI BA Accounting: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-accounting.aspx
WGU MS Accounting: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ation.html

BTW, do you volunteer, work, have other commitments, how many hours a day can you dedicate to studies?  How about a budget, aid, tuition assistance?  Is self paced, exams, assignments or competency based assessments for you?  You need to understand, it is a degree with a "rounded education in that major"  you're looking for, not just "cheap, easy, fast".  Note: If you have commitments, then maybe a TESU BA Accounting is more for you, then you can ladder up to the WGU MS Accounting.

Thank you so much for all your advice. I am definitely looking into UMPI BA Accounting then move over to WGU for masters and finally CPA. I have checked other degree programs and i think its in line with what i am looking for. Currently i plan on taking courses outside like all the general education and elective to transfer 90 credit. 
  • I work night shift as a security guard(5 days a week) and with no other commitments. 
  • I have at least 50hrs a week to spend on studying. 
  • I  am tight on budget but will make use of financial aid/any scholarship i can. The remaining expense i can pay out of pocket within $6000
  • Yes i am comfortable with self paced, exams, assignments or competency based assessments

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 581 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 258 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 596 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,682 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 565 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 495 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 838 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,224 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,808 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74