Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAPP student status at TESU? what does this mean?
I told my student advisor that I am studying with study.com and they added that to my account. I had previously signed up for the cornerstone and that had locked me into the current curriculum and said I was enrolled.
However, now when I log in it says that I am an Applicant not an enrolled student. My student status says CPAPP Corporate Choice Applicant. It says nothing about it in the explanation....

I was already charged for the cornerstone and currently have access to study it, but my account says I am not an enrolled student. This is very confusing.

I wrote TESU, but I'm sure it'll take time for them to get back to me. Anyone else experiencing this problem, what did you do? let me know!

edited: cornerstone not capstone. sorry writing it wrong.
Do you mean you were charged for the cornerstone? Because your post says capstone. With the study.com add it waives the cornerstone automatically. It's not that you can't take it still, just not the cheapest option. If you are worried about locking in your catalog and being listed as "enrolled" you'll either need to take it or a TECEP. The study.com affiliation should give a discount on tuition if you choose to take the cornerstone.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:Do you mean you were charged for the cornerstone? Because your post says capstone. With the study.com add it waives the cornerstone automatically. It's not that you can't take it still, just not the cheapest option. If you are worried about locking in your catalog and being listed as "enrolled" you'll either need to take it or a TECEP. The study.com affiliation should give a discount on tuition if you choose to take the cornerstone.

I still want to take it as I am shy one credit anyway. When I first enrolled in the cornerstone my status showed I was an enrolled student. However, I think when they changed my status to CPAPP, it changed my status somehow, because now I don't have a student ID anymore and my account does not show that I paid for the cornerstone, although my credit card shows otherwise. (when I had paid for the cornerstone it showed the charge in my account).

I have access to the cornerstone, and one of the requirements is to take the readiness exam, but you have to input your student ID. I do not have one now. So I can't complete the cornerstone.
There are lots of cheap ways to make up for one short credit that won't cost you $300. That seems a little overkill. And you don't even get a letter grade out of it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:There are lots of cheap ways to make up for one short credit that won't cost you $300. That seems a little overkill. And you don't even get a letter grade out of it.

jsd, You're right, but unfortunately I was not aware of all this info then and had already paid for the course.

So, I'm wondering if anyone's status changed to not enrolled after changing their account to the affiliate status CPAPP?
jsd Wrote:There are lots of cheap ways to make up for one short credit that won't cost you $300. That seems a little overkill. And you don't even get a letter grade out of it.

Sophia Learning just offered that free single credit course as a matter of fact
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
Yeah I can't answer your enrollment question, you'll probably need to call Monday or shoot an email. But while you're at it, why not drop the cornerstone and get a refund?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Yeah I can't answer your enrollment question, you'll probably need to call Monday or shoot an email. But while you're at it, why not drop the cornerstone and get a refund?

I'll definitely look into that.
It's probably a glitch in their system. You should still have a student ID whether you are registered for a class or not. If you can log in to your account then you should access to register for courses. Are you trying to go through myedison or online student services?
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:It's probably a glitch in their system. You should still have a student ID whether you are registered for a class or not. If you can log in to your account then you should access to register for courses. Are you trying to go through myedison or online student services?

I've logged in with both myedison and oss, both of them say that I don't have a student ID It says I'm an applicant. (Even though I'm enrolled with the cornerstone). I do, however, have a University ID.

Does the student ID only show up once the course goes active?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,009 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,132 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,610 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,873 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore