Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CSM is INCREDIBLE!
I just finished the CSM course and as many here have noted, it was a very positive experience. Math has always been challenging for me.  I definitely should have paid more attention in high school as I have excelled in every other subject.  

I signed up for the CSM free trial a few months ago but it was pushed to the "back burner" due to other coursework (mainly free Sophia courses). Now that my Sophia journey is coming to an end and because of several positive reviews on this forum, I decided to finish the CSM course. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. This course goes beyond just math training and taught me the "High Performance" skills that will help me do better with other coursework. 

I am a TESU student so this course should cover my Quantitative Literacy or Statistics requirement.  Not sure which one but for $40 I'll be happy with however it translates.  

I cannot thank the folks at CSMLearn enough for making something like this available for people like me. I recommend this course to those seeking math credit or as an elective that will enhance your study habits for any coursework.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 3 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • CSMlearn, monchevy, rachel83az
(07-03-2020, 12:10 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: I just finished the CSM course and as many here have noted, it was a very positive experience. Math has always been challenging for me.  I definitely should have paid more attention in high school as I have excelled in every other subject.  

I signed up for the CSM free trial a few months ago but it was pushed to the "back burner" due to other coursework (mainly free Sophia courses). Now that my Sophia journey is coming to an end and because of several positive reviews on this forum, I decided to finish the CSM course. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. This course goes beyond just math training and taught me the "High Performance" skills that will help me do better with other coursework. 

I am a TESU student so this course should cover my Quantitative Literacy or Statistics requirement.  Not sure which one but for $40 I'll be happy with however it translates.  

I cannot thank the folks at CSMLearn enough for making something like this available for people like me. I recommend this course to those seeking math credit or as an elective that will enhance your study habits for any coursework.

It really is amazing. Ironically, I do a lot of editing on the subject of adaptive learning courseware, but this was the first time I've ever tried it. I was stunned. It literally learns your strengths and weaknesses, and adapts to how YOU learn. Can't say enough good things, even though I sweated bullets through it.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • CSMlearn, GizmoJack
(07-03-2020, 12:10 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: I just finished the CSM course and as many here have noted, it was a very positive experience. Math has always been challenging for me.  I definitely should have paid more attention in high school as I have excelled in every other subject.  

So glad you found the course to be so helpful! Thank you for the positive feedback!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • monchevy
Is CSM algebra or just a general math that can be applied towards a science degree at TESU? I'm confused.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(11-15-2020, 04:09 PM)collegechick Wrote: Is CSM algebra or just a general math that can be applied towards a science degree at TESU?  I'm confused.

I haven't done CSM Learn myself but it's not algebra. You don't have to pay to see what it's all about: "Each student can try the CSM Course for free until they are 10% towards earning their CSM Certificate or until they've worked for 2 hours, whichever comes later." From https://www.csmlearn.com/services
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick
Thank you!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
Does it transfer the same as sophia college algebra to TESU?

I already have that too but wouldn't mind another math course but do not need a duplicate.
(11-15-2020, 04:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:09 PM)collegechick Wrote: Is CSM algebra or just a general math that can be applied towards a science degree at TESU?  I'm confused.

I haven't done CSM Learn myself but it's not algebra. You don't have to pay to see what it's all about: "Each student can try the CSM Course for free until they are 10% towards earning their CSM Certificate or until they've worked for 2 hours, whichever comes later." From https://www.csmlearn.com/services

This comes in as an additional Business OR Math course, depending on what you need it for, it goes to TESU as BUS-210: Quantitative Skills for Business
Basically, It will hit the General Education requirements as per this page for 2019 and after: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Seagull Wrote: Does it transfer the same as sophia college algebra to TESU?

I already have that too but wouldn't mind another math course but do not need a duplicate.

It does not. According to https://www.csmlearn.com/solutions/individuals TESU brings it in as BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-15-2020, 04:31 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Seagull Wrote: Does it transfer the same as sophia college algebra to TESU?

It does not. According to https://www.csmlearn.com/solutions/individuals TESU brings it in as BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers.
Just completed the 2 hour trial. If not proctored I will purchase it $35 with 10% discount signing up for newsletter. Are there deadlines or completely at your own pace? How does it transfer to TESU at the end? Is the proctoring the same as sophia?